This Ceci Bean Salad made with chick peas and celery in a mayonnaise based dressing is simple to prepare and makes a tasty side picnic salad.
Both of my kids are not overly fond of mayonnaise; however, Gab will eat it on occasion in certain salads and lightly smeared on bread when eating a turkey sandwich. Which is why I find it very odd that one of her favorite salads to eat is this Ceci Bean Salad.
There is a Japanese Hibachi restaurant not far from our home where we like to go out to eat once in a while that serves this type of salad on their salad bar. She always makes me get some on my plate for her to eat and has been begging me for years to make it at home.
I finally got around to making it for her recently and she loved it. As you can see, it’s a very simple recipe with little ingredients. In fact, at first I didn’t even use vinegar until she said it was missing something and she was right. It definitely added that little extra “zing” it was missing. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Ceci Bean Salad
- 19 oz. Ceci Beans (garbanzo beans/chick peas)
- 2 Stalks Celery, washed, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Rinse ceci beans under cold water; drain.
- Place the beans in a bowl, then add in the celery, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt; mix well.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.