Triple chocolate cake mix combined with cream cheese and toffee bits; then dipped in chocolate. Perfect for your special Valentine!
I have one more Valentines treat to share with you but it was purely by accident. I had purchased this new Duncan Hines cake mix called Triple Chocolate and forgot about it. Over the weekend, the family was in the mood for something chocolate so I told them I’d just make this cake as a bundt cake.
Well, I made it but my pan is shot because this is the third time I’ve made something in it and the cake stuck to the bottom causing a huge mess. So I decided to turn my mistake into these Triple Chocolate Toffee Bombs.
I used the same premise as the Oreo truffles but also found some Heath bits left in the closet so I threw in some of those for good measure as well. They were a definite hit (I mean really..who wouldn’t like chocolate and toffee?!).
You can dip them into regular, dark or white chocolate, it’s completely your preference. I just mixed it up since I only had a little of each kind. Don’t forget if the chocolate is a little thick, simply add a touch of oil to help thin it out. You can also use some sprinkles to make them festive but I didn’t have much of those left either. I like these best when kept in the freezer.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category!
Triple Chocolate Toffee Bombs
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Cake Mix, prepared as directed
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 c. Toffee Bits
- 1 lb. Chocolate (dark, milk or white), for coating
- Prepare cake according to package directions and allow to cool completely. Add cake to a bowl and crush using a fork.
- Add the cream cheese and toffee bits and mix well; then form into 1" round balls, place on parchment paper on a baking sheet and freeze for approximately 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions and dip balls into the chocolate. Place on parchment paper until the chocolate has hardened.