These savory Brown Butter & Sage Pan Seared Pork Chops contain three ingredients and can be ready in 15 minutes for a delicious and easy weeknight meal.
This recipe for Brown Butter & Sage Pan Seared Pork Chops is so easy, I can hardly call it a recipe. All you need are three ingredients: bone-in center cut pork chops, butter and fresh sage. That’s it!
Searing is a technique in which the surface of the food is cooked at a high temperature until a caramelized crust forms. Using this method, along with the nutty flavor of the brown butter and fresh sage; which has an aromatic, musty mint taste, make these pork chops a must-try and perfect to celebrate the Fall flavors.
Pan searing also helps seal in the natural juices so these pork chops are super tender and moist; not to mention they only take about 10 minutes in the pan. The key is to use a heavy skillet; either stainless or cast iron to get the best results. See that golden color? You won’t get that on your pork chops if you use a nonstick pan for this recipe.Brown Butter & Sage Pan Seared Pork Chops--3 Ingredients + 15 minutes=Dinner! #porkClick To Tweet
Here is what you have to do:
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium high heat; then add your pork chops. I like to use bone-in, center cut pork chops so that they are leaner. The bone also helps to keep it moist. Cook for about 3-5 minutes; depending on the thickness; then turn them over and add the sage leaves. Cook the pork for another 3-5 minutes or until the minimum internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. (I’m not a fan of pink pork, so I cook mine until 160 degrees F.)
- Remove the pork from the pan and discard any remaining butter.
Easy right? These Brown Butter & Sage Pan Seared Pork Chops were delicious! Not very healthy cooked in butter might I add, but most of the butter is discarded so only about 1 tbsp. actually coats all four of the pork chops so I guess it’s not that bad. Serve with your favorite side dish like this Pumpkin & Sage Risotto and Maple & Sage Glazed Petite Carrots. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 4- 4-6 (ounce) Bone-In Center Cut Pork Chops
- 4 tbsp . Butter
- 1/4 c . Sage Leaves
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat and add the pork chops.
- Cook approximately 3-5 minutes per side (depending on the thickness) allowing them to brown; adding the sage leaves after turning the pork chops over. Internal temperature of the pork should be at least 145 degrees F.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media