These Buttery Beer Pretzel Nuggets made with your favorite beer, will make snack time fun any day of the year.
Baseball season is in full swing and besides hot dogs, pretzels are a HUGE seller at the games. These Buttery Beer Pretzel Nuggets are delicious and so easy to make, they're guaranteed to be a hit.
I've made some seasoned pretzels before like Brown Sugar Cinnamon and Rosemary Lemon Pretzels, but those were made by using pre-made bavarian pretzels that I broke into smaller pieces and seasoned.
But since today is also National Pretzel Day, I wanted to try making my own soft pretzels since they've been on my kitchen recipe bucket list for a while now.
How do you make Buttery Beer Pretzel Nuggets?
I'm not sure why I waited so long, because these Buttery Beer Pretzel Nuggets were quite easy to make and took about 30 minutes from start to finish.
For this recipe you'll need a bottle of beer (I used Blue Moon), dry yeast, brown sugar, flour, melted butter, water, baking soda and sea salt (or other coarse salt).
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat the beer in a small saucepan; then allow to cool for about 5 minutes and add the yeast. Combine water and baking soda in large pot and bring to a boil.
While the beer is cooling and the water is coming to a boil, combine the sugar, flour and butter in a large bowl. Add the beer mixture to the flour mixture; mix well.
Add the dough to a floured surface and knead 4-5 times; then cut the dough into 8 portions. Roll each portion into a rope and cut off 1-inch pieces.
Working in batches, add the pieces of dough to the boiling water; then remove with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with salt and bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
This batch made about 8 dozen nuggets so I stored them at room temperature in an airtight container and even froze some for later snacking. These Buttery Beer Pretzel Nuggets were AH-MAZING and I can guarantee they won't last very long around here (my family has a love affair with pretzels!).
They were buttery like Auntie Anne's pretzels, but the beer gave it a different taste so they weren't as sweet; perfect for watching the big game at the ball park. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Buttery Beer Pretzel Nuggets
- 12 ounces beer
- 1- (¾-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter ;divided
- 16 cups water
- ½ cup baking soda
- coarse salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the beer in a small saucepan over high heat for 1-2 minutes; then allow to cool for about 5 minutes and add the yeast. Stir until the yeast is dissolved.
- Combine water and baking soda in large pot and bring to a boil.
- While the beer is cooling and the water is coming to a boil, combine the sugar, flour and 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large bowl. Add the beer mixture to the flour mixture; mix well.
- Add the dough to a floured surface and knead by hand 4-5 times. Cut the dough into 8 portions. Roll each portion into a rope and cut off 1-inch pieces.
- Working in batches, add the pieces of dough to the boiling water and cook until they start to float to the top; then remove with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet. Brush with the remaining melted butter, sprinkle with desired amount of salt (or omit), place in the oven and bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Pretzel Coated Chicken Nuggets
Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pretzels
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Has anyone tried these yet. They look awsome Just curious,,,,