Sourdough hard pretzels coated with olive oil and seasoned with lemon zest and fresh chopped rosemary make a deliciously tasty easy snack.
This recipe for Rosemary and Lemon Seasoned Pretzels was one of the first ones I shared here on the blog. It's also one of my favorite snacks. Seriously, you can't just eat one.
My sister in-law Barbara first made this recipe years ago; however, she used different seasonings. When it was my turn to host Bunco several years ago, I tweaked her recipe to make these pretzels as well as a sweet and saltier version.
These pretzels are the perfect snack table item; especially if you're hosting a party. They're what my kids used to call "picky food".
Making these pretzels are really easy because you're seasoning store bought pretzels. I like to use bigger pretzel pieces with a hearty crunch; which is why I opt for hard sourdough pretzels. You can also use the sourdough pretzel nuggets.
You'll also need:
- fresh rosemary
- lemon zest
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
How do you make Rosemary and Lemon Seasoned Pretzels?
Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F; then break apart the whole pretzels into bite-sized pieces. Place them in a large bowl; then add chopped rosemary, lemon zest, salt, pepper and oil .
Mix well with a spoon to ensure you're coating all of the pretzels bits; then place on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 20 minutes; then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
These Rosemary and Lemon Seasoned Pretzels will last approximately one week stored in an airtight container at room temperature. ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Pretzel Recipes
- Gingerbread Spice Seasoned Pretzels
- Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pretzels
- Buttery Beer Pretzel Nuggets
- Pretzel Coated Chicken Nuggets
- Pumpkin Spice Pretzels
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Rosemary and Lemon Seasoned Pretzels
- 1- (13.5-ounce) box sour dough pretzels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Break apart the whole pretzels into bite-sized pieces. Place them in a large bowl; then add chopped rosemary, lemon zest, salt, pepper and oil .
- Mix well with a spoon to ensure you're coating all of the pretzels bits; then place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes; then remove from the oven and allow to cool. These pretzels will last approximately one week stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Connect with me on Social Media
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
*Originally shared April 2012/Updated March 2022
What a tasty treat, great way to flavor up a pretzel!
Carrie's Experimental Kitchen says
They are very good Joan!