Make one of your favorite Italian dishes, Eggplant Parmesan, at home in half the time. It’s healthier too since it’s baked and not fried!
Eggplant Parmesan is my absolute favorite thing to eat. In my opinion it’s the ultimate comfort food. However, I wanted to try a new way to prepare it that would save me some time and be a little healthier and I came up with this Deconstructed Roasted Eggplant Parmesan.
What does ‘deconstructed’ mean?
Deconstructed means that you use the same ingredients called for in a particular recipe; however, it’s assembled differently. In this recipe, the eggplant was diced into cubes and was not fried like the typical recipe.
How do you make Deconstructed Eggplant Parmesan?
For this recipe you’ll need eggplant, garlic, EVOO, salt, pepper, shredded Mozzarella cheese, your favorite marinara sauce, and Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees F. Dice the eggplant into large cubes; then add it to a mixing bowl along with the garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Toss together; then place the mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes; turning halfway.
Remove the pan from the oven and add the roasted eggplant mixture back to the mixing bowl. Add most of the shredded cheese, sauce and breadcrumbs to the bowl and mix well.
Add the mixture to a 2 quart oven safe baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Deconstructed Roasted Eggplant Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the eggplant, garlic, oil, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix together.
- Place mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes; turning halfway. Remove from the oven and reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the roasted eggplant mixture back to the bowl, add 3/4 cup of the cheese, sauce and breadcrumbs; mix well.
- Place mixture in an oven safe 2 quart baking dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
Shop Related Products