Make one of your favorite Italian dishes, Eggplant Parmesan, at home in half the time. It’s healthier too since it’s baked and not fried!
Eggplant Parmesan is my absolute favorite thing to eat and in my opinion, the ultimate comfort food. But I wanted to try a new way to make it that would save me some time and be a little healthier, so I came up with this Deconstructed Roasted Eggplant Parmesan.
By deconstructed, I mean that you use the same ingredients called for in a recipe but assemble it differently. In this recipe, I roasted the eggplant first, then mixed it together with the rest of the ingredients commonly found in a good eggplant parmesan like garlic, sauce and cheese. You can’t forget the cheese! I used this more as a side dish than an entire meal and served it with linguine and a tossed salad. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Deconstructed Roasted Eggplant Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the eggplant, garlic, oil, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix together.
- Place mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes; turning halfway.Remove from the oven and add roasted eggplant mixture back to the bowl.
- Add 3/4 c. of the cheese, sauce and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Place mixture in an oven safe baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling. Serves 6.