Feta and Sage Mini Chicken Meatloaf made with ground chicken, fresh sage, onions and Feta cheese is a deliciously healthy, simple weeknight meal.
So if you can't tell by my picture, I'm spilling a secret. These are actually mint leaves in the photo, not sage leaves. I completely forgot to save one for photo purposes after the meatloaf was done and used all of what I had in the recipe. Oh well, nobody's perfect right!
These little meatloaves were still delicious and I loved the flavors of the sage and Feta cheese combined together. I also wanted to use a mini square loaf pan so that I could get individual portions, but feel free to make it full size.
I have to say, my little one doesn't generally like ground chicken or turkey, but DEVOURED these. So I don't know if she liked the taste or that they were cute and little for her to eat! In any event, it was another healthy meal the whole family enjoyed.
Storage Tips for Fresh Sage
Here are some storage tips I found for fresh sage since it's a spice that I myself only started using a few years ago.
- Fresh sage leaves should be aromatic and should have no soft spots or dry edges.
- To store, wrap in paper towels and store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator and use within 4 to 5 days.
- Fresh leaves may also be covered in olive oil and stored in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
- Use the flavored oil for sautéing or in salad dressings.
- To freeze fresh sage leaves, wash and pat dry, remove leaves from the stems, and pack loosely in freezer bags. Freeze up to 1 year. Be aware that freezing will intensify the flavor of the herb and adjust accordingly.
- Dried sage is preferred by most cooks and comes in whole leaf, rubbed, and ground form. Rubbed sage has a light, velvety texture, whereas ground sage is more of a free-flowing powder. As with all dried herbs, store closed containers in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. Use within 6 months for best flavor.
How do you make Feta & Sage Mini Chicken Meatloaf?
For this recipe you'll need ground chicken, fresh sage, onion, crumbled Feta cheese, egg whites, and Italian flavored breadcrumbs. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; then add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well.
Next, form into six equal sized portions and place into a greased mini loaf pan. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the internal temperature is a minimum of 165 degrees F (I prefer my poultry at 180 degrees F).
This recipe for mini chicken meatloaf is so flavorful and the perfect portion size. Serve with a Haricot Verts with Feta, Cranberries and Pistachios salad or with Sweet Potato and Sage Risotto and your favorite vegetable. ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Feta and Sage Mini Chicken Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well; then form into six equal portions.
- Place each portion into a greased mini loaf pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the proper internal temperature is reached. (minimum 165 degrees F, but I prefer my poultry at 180 degrees F)