French green beans sautéed with fresh mushrooms, butter and garlic powder is a quick and easy vegetable side dish that tastes great accompanying any meal.
Looking for a quick, nutritious vegetable the kids will love? These Sautéed French Green Beans with Mushrooms have been a family favorite for as long as I can remember.
You all know I prefer using fresh vegetables to canned, but sometimes frozen vegetables are great to have in a pinch.
Frozen vegetables are usually frozen immediately after picking, sealing in all of the nutrients so sometimes, they may even be more nutritious than fresh vegetables that have been sitting on the shelves for too long.
What are french green beans?
French green beans or haricot verts are thinner than regular green beans. The frozen version takes it a step further by slicing them in half lengthwise so they're super thin.
How do you make Sautéed French Green Beans with Mushrooms?
Start by defrosting the green beans. You can do this in a microwave safe pot with a draining holes or you can cook them on top of the stove in a small saucepan with a little water until they have defrosted.
Next, melt the butter in a large skillet; then add sliced mushrooms and garlic powder. Cook until the mushrooms start to soften, approximately 5-7 minutes; then add the green beans and garlic powder.
Mix well and season with salt and pepper. These Sautéed French Green Beans with Mushrooms are super simple to make and ready in about 15 minutes! . ~Enjoy!
These green beans go with just about any main meat or poultry entree. Here are some suggestions:
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Green Bean Recipes
- Semi-Homemade Green Bean Casserole
- Sesame Ginger Sautéed Haricot Verts
- Green Bean Crispers with Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Chili Garlic Green Beans
- Sea Salt Roasted Green Beans
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Sautéed French Green Beans with Mushrooms
- Defrost the green beans either on top of the stove in a small pot with a little water or in a microwave safe container for appoximately 4-5 minutes. Drain the water.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat; then add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms start to soften, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the defrosted green beans, garlic powder, salt and pepper; then mix well.