Top round roast beef encrusted with a mixture of Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, garlic and panko breadcrumbs is an easy way to add extra flavor to your family meal.
With more people going back to eating family meals at home, I wanted to share a new recipe that you'll definitely want to include in your dinner rotation.
This Parmesan Encrusted Roast Beef is one of my new favorite ways to prepare a Sunday roast and I hope you'll enjoy it as well.
Throughout the year Sunday dinners take on different forms. For instance, when it's warm outside, our meals consist of grilled foods like chicken, steak and pork.
When school is back in session, it may be pastas, slow cooker meals or casseroles. But when the weather starts to get cooler, roasts are my favorite. Any kind...beef, chicken or pork are the norm.
How do you make Parmesan Encrusted Roast Beef?
For this recipe you'll need a top round of beef roast, grated parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder and EVOO.
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F; then put the beef in a roasting pan. You can place on top of a rack or just put in the pan.
Next, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix until the mixture is crumbly. Season the meat with salt and pepper; then pat the crumbs on top of the roast beef.
If you like gravy, add a bit of water or beef broth to the bottom of the pan; then place in the oven. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the roast and how you prefer your doneness.
Degree of Doneness
Check your meat with a meat or instant read thermometer and take the meat out of the oven 5-10 degrees before your desired temperature. The beef will continue cooking once removed from the oven.
We prefer ours Medium-Medium Well. For a 3 pound roast beef, it took approximately 1 hour or about 18-20 minutes per pound. Here is a guideline:
- Rare: Cool red center; 125° F or 52°C
- Medium Rare: Warm red center; 135° F or 57°C
- Medium: Warm pink center; 145° F or 63°C
- Medium Well: Slightly pink center; 150° F or 66°C
- Well: Little or no pink; 160° F or 71°C
I'll definitely be making this Parmesan Encrusted Roast Beef again and we served ours with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Parmesan Encrusted Roast Beef
- 3 pound top round of beef (roast beef)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F; then put the beef in a roasting pan. (You can place on top of a rack or just put in the pan).
- Next, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix until the mixture is crumbly. Season the meat with salt and pepper; then pat the crumbs on top of the roast beef.
- If you like gravy, add a bit of water or beef broth to the bottom of the pan; then place in the oven. For Medium, cook 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145° F or 63°C. (Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the roast and how you prefer your doneness. See the notes section below for doneness).
Horseradish, Garlic and Rosemary Roast Beef
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
Tried a recipe? Leave a comment or tag #CarriesExpKtchn on Instagram or Twitter!
Leave a Reply