Tenderized flank steak stuffed with zucchini, Brie cheese, mushrooms and rosemary, tied with twine and sliced into individual portions; then grilled.
Beef is more than likely going to be "What's for Dinner" this coming Father's Day. According to the most recent Consumer Grilling Study, three out of four Americans say that the one meat they grill the most often is beef (69%); while chicken came in second (25%) and pork came in third (6%).
I would tend to agree as it seems like we eat beef more often in the warmer, grilling months ourselves.
I don't know about you, but I'm a visual person. Show me and I can do it or figure it out for myself. Tell me and you lost me.
As far as Father's Day plans, I'm not quite sure what we're going to do yet. Saturday is my rescheduled Book Signing from 1pm-3pm; then we're heading to a combined graduation party for my nephew(high school) and niece(college) where I'm bringing that Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad with Kalamata Olives, Capers and Sun Dried Tomatoes
With my husband traveling so much lately between his father's surgery, vacation and business trips, I think he'd prefer just hanging home for the day to recoup.
I'm thinking that I may make this recipe for Flank Steak Stuffed with Brie & Zucchini from my cookbook. I can't believe I haven't made this recipe since I originally created it in August 2011 and it was one of our favorites. I'm always on the quest to find new and exciting new recipes I guess!
How do you make Flank Steak Stuffed with Brie and Zucchini?
For this dish, I sautéed some zucchini with fresh rosemary, garlic and mushrooms. Then I added some slices of Brie, wrapped it up, sliced it individually and grilled it.
I have to say it was AMAZING; however, you have to grill these on a higher temperature so that all of the cheese doesn't run out before the meat is done cooking. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Flank Steak Stuffed with Brie & Zucchini
- 1 ½ lb. Flank Steak
- 1 ½ c. Zucchini, cut in half then sliced
- 1 c. Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Chopped Rosemary
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz. Brie, sliced
- Kitchen String
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound flank steak until it is rectangular in shape and even thickness.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté the zucchini, mushrooms, garlic and rosemary until the vegetables get soft.
- Evenly spread the zucchini mixture on top of the steak, leaving a ½" border around all sides; then add the cheese.
- Roll up the flank steak lengthwise and tie with six pieces of kitchen string; spacing them out evenly to where you will slice them.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the rolled steak into six individual pieces. Season with salt and pepper; then grill until desired doneness.
Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Grilled Flank Steak
Soy-Ginger Grilled Flank Steak
Mediterranean Stuffed Flank Steak
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category!
Kirsten Madaus says
That steak looks yummy!
My spouse won't be home for Father's Day, and while deployed he's being a vegetarian, so steak is probably out for him. I'd eat it, however!
Carrie Farias says
Thanks Kirsten and I can see why he'd want to be a vegetarian while away on duty. I'm sure you all missed him terribly yesterday.