Fingerling potatoes tossed with EVOO, oregano and lemon juice; then roasted until crispy and golden brown make a deliciously tasty side dish.
When it comes to herbs, my taste buds go in spurts. One week I make everything with cilantro and lime juice, the next I'm craving rosemary or tarragon.
Recently, I was making Lemon Pepper Whole Roasted Chicken for Sunday dinner and wanted an easy side dish to go with it that wasn't mashed potatoes so I made these Greek Roasted Fingerling Potatoes.
Roasting potatoes or vegetables for that matter, really brings out the flavor and I just love using fingerling potatoes when I can find them.
What are Fingerling Potatoes?
A fingerling potato is a small and narrow, finger-shaped variety of potato.They come in a variety of colors, but the most common variety have a light yellow skin.
The skin is also thinner than say a Russet potato; which makes it easier to eat when left on. The inside flesh is creamy white and have a firm texture; which makes them good for roasting.
How do you make Greek Roasted Fingerling Potatoes?
For this recipe you'll need fingerling potatoes, EVOO, dried oregano, lemon juice, Kosher salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F; then wash the potato skins with a vegetable brush under cold water.
Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and place them in a bowl along with the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat; then place them on a baking sheet.
Roast the fingerling potatoes for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through, or until the outside gets crispy and golden brown.
The Greek flavors of oregano and lemon are one of our favorite flavor combinations and these Greek Roasted Fingerling Potatoes were delicious and went perfectly with our meal.
Not to mention most of the ingredients are already readily available in your pantry. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Potato Recipes
- Healthy Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Buffalo Roasted Potato Wedges
- Balsamic Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Baked Parmesan Fingerling Fries
- Everything Bagel Fingerling Potatoes
- Fingerling and Green Bean Potato Salad
Greek Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 lb. Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and place them in a bowl along with the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat; then place them on a baking sheet.
- Roast the fingerling potatoes for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through, or until the outside gets crispy and golden brown.
Leave a Reply