Gremolata Roasted Cauliflower made with fresh parsley, garlic, lemon and extra virgin olive oil is a deliciously light and flavorful vegetable side dish.
Cauliflower can be described as a "superfood" because of it's many health benefits. But even if it wasn't good for you I would probably eat it anyway because it just tastes so darn good; especially when roasted like this Gremolata Roasted Cauliflower I made recently.
Cauliflower can be purchased year round; though it's at its best in the winter. Look for heads that are creamy white and feel heavy in your hand. There should be no brown spots or mold on the head and after buying your cauliflower, you can store it in the refrigerator for about one week.
Some of cauliflower's health benefits are:
- Help fight cancer
- Boost heart health
- Act as an anti-inflamatory
- Is rich in vitamins and minerals
- Can boost your brain health
- Can help detoxify your body
- Has digestive benefits
- Rich in antioxidants
Now I've made a few recipes using gremolata before; which is a mixture of garlic, lemon zest and parsley like Gremolata Roasted Turkey, Gremolata Chicken Skewers and Gremolata Roasted Potatoes, but I never tried them on vegetables.
This Gremolata Roasted Cauliflower dish was SO easy to make and very tasty too. I love the fragrant, fresh flavors of lemon and parsley and believe it or not, my kids couldn't get enough of it...BONUS!~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Gremolata Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the cauliflower to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the parsley, lemon zest and juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the gremolata mixture to the cauliflower and coat the florets well.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes; turning the cauliflower halfway through until they are soft and golden brown.