Gremolata Chicken Skewers marinated in lemon juice, garlic, fresh parsley and olive oil; then grilled make a tasty, light weeknight meal.
I first shared this recipe for Gremolata Chicken Skewers back in July 2013 and it's also a reader favorite as well. Gremolata is a green sauce made with parsley, lemon juice and garlic and is super light and flavorful.
You can use gremolata as a marinade, like I did here, or top meat or poultry, potatoes or vegetables. Some of my favorite recipes are Gremolata Roasted Turkey Breast, Gremolata Roasted Potatoes and Gremolata Roasted Cauliflower
How do you make Gremolata Chicken Skewers?
For this recipe you'll need:
- boneless chicken tenderloins or strips of a whole chicken breast
- lemon zest and juice
- minced garlic
- fresh chopped parsley
You will also need skewers to thread the chicken; however, you can grill the chicken without them also. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling to avoid burning.
In a small bowl combine the lemon zest and juice, garlic, parsley and oil; then whisk together. Add the chicken to a large resealable plastic bag, add the marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. You can keep refrigerated up to 24 hours before grilling; the longer it sits, the more flavorful the chicken.
Heat the grill and remove the chicken from the bag. Grill chicken until it is cooked through; approximately 5-6 minutes per side.
Grilling times may vary depending on type of grill and whether or not you close the lid. The internal temperature of the cooked chicken should be 165 internal degrees F.
These Gremolata Chicken Skewers make a fantastic, quick weeknight meal and the kids will LOVE them! They can be prepared the night before; then just grill them when you get home.
The simple flavors of fresh parsley, lemon and garlic would also make a fun, healthy appetizer for your next get together with family and friends. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Gremolata Chicken Skewers
- 12 Skewers
- 12- 2(ounce) Boneless Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- ½ c. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ¼ c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a small bowl combine the lemon zest and juice, garlic, chopped parsley and oil. Whisk together.
- Add the chicken to a large resealable plastic bag and add the marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill and remove the chicken from the bag. Grill chicken until it is cooked through; approximately 5-6 minutes per side (grilling times may vary depending on type of grill and whether or not you close the lid. Cooked chicken should be 165 internal degrees F).
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Tried a recipe? Leave a comment or tag #CarriesExpKtchn on Instagram or Twitter!