These three ingredient Honey-Lime Grilled Chicken Skewers are perfect for a quick weeknight meal or tasty appetizer or game day snack!
If you're looking for a simple, weeknight, gluten free recipe; these Honey Lime Chicken Skewers are it.
We love grilling season here in New Jersey. But due to the cold temperatures, reality is that we usually can only grill outdoors 6-7 months during the year.
Recipes like this one are perfect for those busy nights because you can marinate them all day long; then they only take less than 10 minutes to cook.
- wooden or metal skewers
- grill or indoor grill pan
- chicken tenderloins
I like to use the tenderloins for this recipe because they're pre-portioned; usually 2-ounces per piece and they're easy to thread onto a skewer.
How do you make Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Skewers?
Combine the honey and fresh lime juice together in a resealable bag or bowl; then add the chicken. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
I prefer marinating the chicken overnight to really infuse the honey and lime flavors!
Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and add each tenderloin to a skewer. If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in hot water for at least 10 minutes before threading the chicken so that they don't burn when grilled.
When ready, heat the grill and cook them for about 2-3 minutes per side or until they're cooked through and juices run clear.
These Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Skewers are so flavorful and easy to make. You can also serve them as an appetizer and they're definitely kid friendly. ~ Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Skewer Recipes
- Rosemary Grilled Pork Skewers
- Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp
- Lemon Yogurt and Basil Chicken Skewers
- Greek Beef Skewers
Get my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Honey-Lime Grilled Chicken Skewers
- 14 skewers
- 14 chicken tenderloins
- ½ cup honey
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- Whisk together the honey, lime zest and juice in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add the chicken to a resealable plastic bag and add the honey mixture; then seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Remove from the refrigerator and discard the marinade.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in hot water for 5-10 minutes so that they don't burn upon grilling. (If using metal skewers, you can skip this step.)
- Thread each tenderloin on the skewer and grill the chicken approximately 3-4 minutes per side or until the minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.