Guacamole Farro Salad made with ripe avocados, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and lime juice is a tasty side dish you'll want to serve over and over again.
We don't generally celebrate Cinco de Mayo which is this on May 5th; however, who could pass up a good guacamole? I know we can't. In fact, guacamole has become one of our favorite weekend snacks.
So when I purchased too many avocados on my last shopping trip, I had to use them up before they went bad.
How do you make Guacamole Farro Salad?
For this recipe you'll need Italian farro, water, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, lime zest and juice, jalepeno pepper, Canola oil, Kosher salt and black pepper.
Add the water to a medium pot and bring to a boil; then stir in the farro. Allow to simmer over low-medium heat until the water has been absorbed; approximately 15 minutes. Remove the farro and add to a bowl; let cool.
Add the avocado, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime zest and juice, pepper and oil to the farro. Season with salt and pepper; mix well and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
This Guacamole Farro Salad was very filling, but refreshingly light and we ate it for lunch on it's own, but it would make a tasty side dish to go with your main meal as well. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Guacamole Farro Salad
- 1 cup farro, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 plum tomato, small dice
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- ½ jalepeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons Canola oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Add the water to a pot and bring to a boil over high heat; then stir in the farro. Allow to simmer over low-medium heat until the water has been absorbed; approximately 15 minutes. Remove the farro and add to a bowl; let cool.
- Add the avocado, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime zest and juice, pepper and oil to the farro. Season with salt and pepper; mix well. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Visit my Pinterest Board for more Cinco De Mayo ideas!
Carrie - ASassyRedhead.com says
I love a good guac.
And that Mexian Beer Cheese Soup looks heavenly.
We don't normally celebrate Cinco de Mayo, either. And it's hard to believe it's already May 5 around the corner.
Carrie Farias says
I know, this year is FLYING by so fast!
Kirsten Madaus says
I'm not much for Cinco de Mayo, but we are preloading the adult beverages in anticipation of my spouse's departure, so why not margaritas?
I think you brilliantly used up an excess of avocados, Carrie!
Carrie Farias says
Sounds like a wonderful idea Kirsten, make mine strawberry! lol Hoping your spouse stays safe on his next tour.