Hazelnut Biscotti made with Frangelico and hazelnuts is a hard, Italian cookie that tastes even better when dunked in milk, tea, coffee or cappuccino.
I know. You’re probably tired of my variations of biscotti, but this is the last one…well for 2012 anyway! I just love adding different nuts to biscotti and this hazelnut version brings us to Holiday Baking recipe #11. Besides, I had to find more uses for that Frangelico my brother in law gave me recently. 😉
2 c. All-Purpose Flour
1 c. Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp. Frangelico (hazelnut liquor)
3 Large Eggs
1/2 c. Hazelnuts, chopped
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda until well blended.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Frangelico and vanilla.
3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix well until all of the ingredients have been incorporated.
4. Next, fold in the hazelnuts.
5. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is no longer sticky, then form two, 12” long log shapes and flatten down so that it is no higher than 1”.
6. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, add the dough and bake at 325° F for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool, then slice diagonally into 1/2″ thick slices and put them back on the baking sheet.
8. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes per side, then remove from the oven. Let cool and allow to harden before serving. Makes 2 1/2 dz.
Try these other biscotti recipes