Homemade Apple Pie made with fresh picked McIntosh or Cortland apples mixed with cinnamon and sugar encased in a flaky pie crust. All you need is a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Apple pie is probably my favorite dessert. There is nothing like the flavor of apples and cinnamon mixed together; then baked until the apples are soft.
What kind of apples do you like best for apple pie?
I like to use McIntosh or Cortland apples in my pies as they really give it a nice flavor. I think I’ve mentioned it before, but I haven’t been able to make a decent pie crust. EVER.
I have tried for years, but when Pillsbury came out with their refrigerated pie crusts, I just gave up because they were so good I just didn’t bother anymore. One of these days I’ll try it again.
How do you assemble apple pie?
Next, add the apple mixture to the pie crust; then add small pieces of butter throughout the apples. Add the remaining pie crust to the top of the apples, seal the edges either by pinching them together or using the back tines of a fork and pushing down to seal the edges.
Brush egg wash on top of the pie crust; which is eggs whisked with a bit of water; then place the pie in a 350 degree F oven for 50-60 minutes or until the apples have softened and the crust is lightly browned.
This recipe for Homemade Apple Pie is so easy to make and is delicious every time. All you need is a giant scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and dessert is served. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a pie plate with one crust.
- In a separate bowl, add the sliced apples, cinnamon, sugar and corn starch; mix well.
- Add the apple mixture to the pie crust; then add the butter pieces throughout the apples.
- Add the remaining pie crust to the top of the apples, seal the edges either by pinching them together or using the back tines of a fork and pushing down to seal the edges.
- Brush the egg on top of the pie crust then place in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the apples have softened and the crust is lightly browned.