Strawberry Basil Green Tea made with garden fresh strawberries and basil is totally refreshing on a warm day; not to mention its many health benefits.
I'd be remiss if I didn't share one more Summer-ish recipe being that it's Labor Day weekend. I was so glad to find this Strawberry Basil Green Tea hiding in the archives, left alone, and unposted from a few years ago.
A few years ago I decided that I was going to share a few recipes to my newsletter followers only. Though I love you all to pieces, the rest of you were totally missing out!
So every now and then I come across one of those gems and can't wait to share it with you. Especially recipes like this one because it's SO easy to make and tastes fantastic!
What are the Benefits of Green Tea?
I love green tea and start my morning with a cup every day. Sometimes I'll even have two or three and lately drink a cup of coffee in the afternoon as a "dessert". I say dessert because I like that non dairy creamer and even though I get the sugar free kind, it's still pretty sweet.
Not only does drinking green tea taste good, it also has many health benefits. Green tea can help to:
- Increase blood flow
- Lower cholesterol
- Improve brain function
- Increases fat burning
- May help lower cancer risks
- Lower risk of Alzheimers and Parkinsons disease
- Can kill bacteria which improves dental health
- Lowers risk of Type II diabetes
How do you make Strawberry Basil Green Tea?
When making homemade flavored green tea like this one, you'll need green tea bags, water, fresh strawberries and basil. As an aside, I have SO much basil this year in my planter I'll be using it for months!
I usually keep some to use fresh; then freeze the rest to use in sauces, soups and stews. I've also made a blackberry and mint version that's amazing too!
Start by bringing the water to a boil until it reaches the optimum temperature of 160-170 degrees F. While the water is boiling, add the strawberries to a mini food processor or blender and pulse until smooth; then strain the pulp through a fine sieve into a glass pitcher to remove most of the seeds.
Add the tea bags, basil leaves and hot water to the pitcher and allow the tea to steep for 10-15 minutes. Allow the tea to cool, remove the basil leaves, refrigerate and serve over ice.
This Strawberry Basil Green Tea makes 8 cups and it's super refreshing on a hot day. We prefer our tea unsweetened, but you can add your favorite sweetener to your liking as well. ~Enjoy!
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Strawberry Basil Green Tea
- 8 c. Water
- 5 Green Tea Bags
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 dz. Strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- Bring the water to a boil until it reaches the optimum temperature of 160-170 degrees.
- While the water is boiling, add the strawberries to your food processor or blender and pulse until smooth; then strain the pulp through a fine sieve into a glass pitcher to remove most of the seeds.
- Add the tea bags, basil leaves and hot water to the pitcher and allow the tea to steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve over ice.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM
Leave a Reply