Corn kernels tossed with whipped butter and honey; then cooked on top of the stove to form a delicious sauce.
Corn is one of my favorite side dishes, but since it's also high in carbohydrates, I usually opt for more "green" vegetables.
With Summer approaching, we do tend to eat more corn than throughout the year; which is why I wanted to make this recipe for Honey Butter Corn.
This recipe is super easy to make with only 3 ingredients and can be ready in about 15 minutes. It tastes sweet and salty at the same time and goes with so many of our favorite recipes including ribs, steak and grilled chicken.
When not serving fresh corn on the cob, I opt for frozen corn kernels. Frozen tastes just as good as fresh since it's flash frozen right after being picked so that it keeps its freshness.
Just beware that they're not left frozen for too long or you'll wind up with frostbite vegetables; which can ruin the flavor and diminish the vitamins and nutrients.
Corn Kernels: Frozen corn kernels work best, but you can use drained and rinsed canned corn or fresh corn on the cob that has been cooked and shucked from the cob.
Whipped Butter: You can also use regular butter, but the whipped gives the corn a frothy, creamy consistency.
How do you make Honey Butter Corn?
Add the butter and frozen corn to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the corn has defrosted; approximately 6-8 minutes. Add the honey, salt and pepper; then mix well. Serve hot.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Corn Recipes
- Savory Bacon Corn Risotto
- Grilled Corn with Cajun Lime Crema
- Creamy Corn Tomato Chowder
- Garlic and Herb Creamed Corn
- Italian Style Grilled Street Corn
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Honey Butter Corn
- 16 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons whipped butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- dash black pepper
- Add the butter and frozen corn to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the corn has defrosted; approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Next, add the honey, salt and pepper; then mix well. Serve hot.
Leave a Reply