London Broil marinated in Madeira wine, extra virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, garlic and oregano; then grilled to perfection.
With the warmer weather approaching (finally!), I thought it was time to break out the grill. Especially now that all of the snow has officially melted and I can get to it on my deck. And since we are supposed to reach 70 degrees here in Jersey today, what tastes great on the grill but london broil and this Madeira Marinated London Broil did not disappoint.
This version which was marinated in Madeira wine, extra virgin olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, garlic and oregano certainly put me in the grilling mood.
You can marinate the beef for as little as 2 hours to get the flavor infused; however, I do recommend you let it sit a little longer to really give it a robust flavor. Serve this with a baked potato and tossed salad and dinner is served! ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 2 lb . Top Round London Broil
- 1/2 c . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c . Madeira Wine
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp . Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp . Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp . Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Trim any fat from your london broil and place in a resealable plastic bag or covered dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, wine, lemon juice and zest, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper until well blended; then add it to the bag.
- Coat the meat in the marinade, seal the bag (or cover the dish) and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Remove the meat and bring to room temperature for approximately 15 minutes prior to grilling. Discard the marinade.
- Grill the meat until your desired doneness (Medium Rare 145; Medium 160; Well Done 170).
Connect with me on Social Media