This Mango Salsa is refreshingly light and takes minutes to prepare. Try it on top of your favorite grilled chicken or fish recipe too!
My daughter just LOVES mangoes and begs me to buy them every time I go shopping. So I decided to create my own version of Mango Salsa to put on top of grilled chicken. It really gave the plain grilled chicken a nice flavor. Mangoes need to be ripe before using or they could taste a little bitter.
[clickToTweet tweet=”This Mango Salsa is refreshingly light and takes minutes to prepare. Try it on top of your favorite grilled chicken or fish recipe too! #salsa #mangoes” quote=”This Mango Salsa is refreshingly light and takes minutes to prepare. Try it on top of your favorite grilled chicken or fish recipe too! “]
Here are some tips on purchasing, ripening and storing mangoes*:
- The color isn’t always the best indicator of ripeness. A ripe mango will give slightly when squeezed gently and will give off a fruity aroma at their stem end.
- Keep unripe mangoes at room temperature where they will continue to ripen and become sweeter and softer over several days. You can also place the mangoes in a paper bag at room temperature to speed the process.
- Once ripe, you should place mangoes in the refrigerator which will slow down the ripening process and can be stored for up to 5 days. Peeled and cubed mangoes can be placed in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to six months.
- Always wash mangoes before cutting and use a clean knife and cutting board. Visit Mango.org for step-by-step instructions on how to cut a mango.
This recipe for Mango Salsa is so easy. Simply dice your mangoes and add chopped cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice, shallots and chopped jalepeno peppers. If you cut open your mango and it’s still not fully ripened, you can add a pinch of sugar, but this recipe will taste 10x better with a sweet, ripe mango.
Though I used this as a topping for our chicken, it would also go nice on grilled fish or even just on it’s own. In fact, I had to pry the bowl away from my daughter who was eating it by the spoonfuls before I caught her. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 2 Ripe Mangoes, small dice
- 1 tbsp . Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp . Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tsp . Shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 Jalepeno, seeded and finely chopped
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.