Cauliflower roasted with fresh Mediterranean flavors like Greek yogurt, Kalamata olives, fresh lemon and oregano. It’s the perfect side dish to any meal.
My family loves cauliflower. Well, I take that back. They only love cauliflower when I roast it in the oven and this Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower was one of our favorites.
When I say a recipe has Mediterranean flavors, I’m referring to ingredients that are found along the Mediterranean Sea which encompasses cuisines from Italy, Spain, Greece and Turkey to name a few. For this recipe, you’ll need cauliflower, tomatoes, oregano, garlic, Kalamata olives, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and olive oil.
To make this recipe, start by cutting the cauliflower down into florets by cutting the stalk off of the head with a sharp knife and letting the florets fall off. You may need to cut them down in size if they’re too large. Next, rinse the cauliflower under cold water, dry on paper towels; then place in a mixing bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, and garlic.
In a separate small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon zest and juice, oregano, cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together until smooth then pour over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet or oven safe baking dish and bake in a 425 degree F oven for 45-60 minutes; turning halfway. The cauliflower is done when it is golden brown and fork tender. (Cooking time varies depending on how large your cauliflower florets are).
Like I said earlier, my family really liked this recipe, maybe because it had so many other robust flavors as well. You can serve this with just about any main meal, but I served ours with grilled chicken. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 cups Large Head Cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets (7-8 )
- 1/2 c . Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 c . Chopped Kalamata Olives
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 oz . 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp . Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 1 tbsp . Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 2 tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower florets, tomatoes, olives, and garlic.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon zest and juice, oregano, cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together until smooth then pour over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet or oven safe baking dish and bake for 45-60 minutes; turning halfway. The cauliflower is done when it is golden brown and fork tender. (Cooking time varies depending on how large your cauliflower florets are).
Connect with me on Social Media
Try these other cauliflower recipes:
If you want to stay up to date on all of my latest recipe experiments, sign up for my weekly newsletter or you can visit the recipe index and search for more recipes by categories. Also, don’t forget to visit me on Facebook,Twitter,Pinterest and Instagram too!