Make one of your favorite restaurant soups at home any day of the week with this version of Chicken & Wild Rice Soup; a Panera Bread copycat recipe.
What’s your favorite soup at Panera Bread? My daughters’ is their Chicken and Wild Rice Soup and I have to say it’s also a favorite of mine as well.
It started out one day when I told my daughter that I was going to make soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner that night. When she asked what kind of soup, I had told her I wasn’t exactly sure yet but was leaning towards a tomato soup.
She asked me if I could make Panera’s version of their Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice so I looked online to see what was in it.
How do you make Panera Bread Chicken and Wild Rice Soup?
For this recipe you’ll need chicken broth, Near East Long Grain & Wild Rice with flavor packet, celery, red onion, carrots, EVOO, all purpose flour, heavy cream, milk, cooked diced chicken, Kosher salt and black pepper.
In a large pot or Dutch oven, drizzle the oil on the bottom and add your carrots, celery, onion, and seasoned flavor packet. Sauté for 5 minutes; then add the rice and flour.
Next, add the chicken broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. While this is simmering, heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan until hot; then add to the soup mixture along with the cooked chicken.
Simmer for another 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked through; then season with salt and pepper. My family LOVES this Chicken and Wild Rice Soup and we found it to taste just like the restaurant’s version.
I’ve made this soup SO many times I’ve lost track. This soup is perfect for lunch or dinner because it’s so filling. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 stalks thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 package near east long grain & wild rice with flavor packet
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, drizzle olive oil on the bottom and add your carrots, celery, onion, marjoram and seasoned flavor packet and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir; then add the flour.
- Next, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While this is simmering, heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan until hot; then add to the soup mixture along with the cooked chicken.
- Simmer for another 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
Tried a recipe? Leave a comment or tag #CarriesExpKtchn on Instagram or Twitter!