This Cinnamon Chip Apple Bread is loaded with diced McIntosh apples, sweet cinnamon chips and chopped pecans.
One of my favorite flavor combinations is apple and cinnamon. So it's no wonder that I wanted to make a new recipe combining those flavors in this Cinnamon Chip Apple Bread.
I can't always find cinnamon chips in my local grocery store. In fact, I wanted to use them in these scones. But since they weren't to be found, I settled on using ground cinnamon instead. Don't get me wrong, they still tasted amazing, but I was trying to make Panera Breads copycat recipe at the time.
Fast forward a few years and I came across some cinnamon chips in the baking aisle and knew I'd find something new to make with them. I had just gotten a bunch of McIntosh apples; which are perfect for baking and decided on a new quick bread since I just made that new Sour Cream Apple Pie.
How do you make Cinnamon Chip Apple Bread?
For this recipe you'll need granulated sugar, eggs, canola oil, vanilla extract, all purpose flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cinnamon chips, pecans and apples.
Start by adding the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. In a separate small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until blended; then add it to the other bowl.
Place in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 50-55 minutes or until the top springs back when touched or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool on a baking rack, drizzle with cinnamon glaze and slice into 10 pieces.
How do you make Cinnamon Glaze?
Now you can eat this Cinnamon Chip Apple Bread as-is or you can make a cinnamon glaze to drizzle on top like I did. Combine confectioners sugar, milk and ground cinnamon and whisk until smooth; then drizzle on top of the apple bread.
My family couldn't get enough of this Cinnamon Chip Apple Bread it was THAT good! I personally didn't think it needed the added glaze it was so cinnamon-y (is that a word?) and the pecans really gave it a nice added flavor.
You can eat this bread for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Either way I can guarantee it won't last very long. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Cinnamon Chip Apple Bread
For the Cinnamon Chip Apple Bread
For the Cinnamon Chip Apple Bread
- Preheat oven 350 degree F.
- Combine the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until blended; then add it to the other bowl. Mix together with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon chips, chopped pecans and diced apples; then mix until combined.
- Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with cooking spray; then pour in the batter. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the top springs back when touched or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool on a baking rack, drizzle with cinnamon glaze (optional); then slice into 10 pieces.
For the Cinnamon Glaze
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Tried a recipe? Leave a comment or tag #CarriesExpKtchn on Instagram or Twitter!