Homemade granola bars made with oats, dried plums, pecans, honey and white chocolate chips make a tasty snack.
Did you know that oatmeal is full of fiber which helps you stay fuller longer? Oatmeal makes a great breakfast or snack to help fuel your day, like these Plum, Pecan and White Chocolate Granola Bars.
When my kids were young, they were famished when they came home from school. It was hard because they also needed to eat dinner early because of the sports they participated in.
So I would feed them dinner around 4pm, head out to practice; then bring a snack for them like granola bars to eat on their way home.
10 Health Benefits of Oatmeal
1. Lowers Cholesterol
2. Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure
3. Full of antioxidants
4. It prevents arteries from hardening
5. Can prevent the development of breast cancer
6. Stabilizes blood sugar
7. Prevents the development of diabetes
8. Gives the immune system a boost
9. Can prevent weight gain
10. A great substitute for those following a gluten free diet
- Dried Plums
- Chopped Pecans
- White Chocolate Chips
Some substitutions you can try are regular chocolate or carob chips, dried apricots, cherries or cranberries and agave syrup for the honey.
How do you make Plum, Pecan and White Chocolate Granola Bars?
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Pour the batter evenly into the twelve portions or directly into the square baking pan.
Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes; then allow to cool completely before storing. If using the baking pan, cut into 12-15 squares; depending on the size you prefer.
You can store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or place in the freezer for up to 3 months. My kids used to love these granola bars and I liked that they were made with natural ingredients for a healthier snack option. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Oatmeal Recipes
People have a love-hate relationship with oatmeal, but when you experiment with different recipes you may find one that your picky eater is willing to try. Here some recipes I think you’ll enjoy.
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Eggnog Baked Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK
Plum, Pecan and White Chocolate Granola Bars
- 12 section brownie pan
- 8x8 inch baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Pour the batter evenly into the brownie pan or directly into an 8x8 square baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes; then allow to cool completely before storing.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
*This post was originally shared October 2012 and was updated October 2021