Italian Pork Milanese is a rosemary and lemon seasoned boneless, breaded center cut pork cutlet that makes a quick and simple weeknight meal.
Pork Cutlet Milanese is one of my favorite meals to make during busy weeknights. They’re similar to chicken cutlets, but made with boneless center cut pork instead with rosemary and lemon.
Pork Cutlet Milanese is one of those dishes I tend to make a few times throughout the year; especially when the family feels like “comfort food”. They just love them! Milanese in Italian means that something is coated with either flour or breadcrumbs; then fried in hot oil.
How do you make Pork Milanese?
Start by pounding the pork until they are uniform in thickness. In a medium bowl, combine Italian and Panko breadcrumbs, fresh rosemary and the zest from one lemon.
In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk to form an egg wash. And in a third medium bowl, add the all-purpose flour.
Now it’s time to bread your cutlets. First dip the meat into the flour, then the egg wash and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat for all pieces and place on a separate dish.
My family loves Pork Cutlet Milanese and sometimes I’ll even make some Bruschetta to put on top (which is my kids’ favorite way to eat them!). ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- Using a meat mallet, pound the pork slices until they are uniform in thickness.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Italian and Panko breadcrumbs, rosemary and the zest from the lemon.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk forming an egg wash.
- In a third medium bowl, add the flour.
- Time to bread your cutlets. First dip the meat into the flour, then the egg wash and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat for all pieces and place on a separate dish.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat; then add the pork cutlets to the pan and brown 4-5 minutes per side (depending on thickness). You will have to do this in batches and be careful not to crowd the pieces of meat to close together.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Here are more pork cutlet recipes:
- Tonkatsu from Zona Cooks
- Crock Pot Savory Pork Cutlets from Recipes That Crock
- Pork Cutlet with Lemon Cream Sauce from Killer Keto