Rib Eye steaks marinated in red wine, cognac, stone ground mustard, garlic, rosemary and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
The weather has been pretty nasty here in Northern NJ with a lot of rain along with damp, cold weather in general. But Thursday, it was a beautiful, sunny 76 degree day.
No wonder we all have colds around here! Anyway, I wanted to put my grill to use while it was nice out, so I took out some steaks and decided to experiment with a new marinade.
How do you make Red Wine Cognac Marinated Steak?
For this recipe I used Rib Eye steaks, dry red wine, cognac, stone ground mustard, garlic, fresh rosemary, EVOO, Kosher salt and black pepper. You can use any type of steak you prefer and will get the same result.
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl; then add the steaks and marinade to a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to overnight; then remove the steaks 15 minutes prior to grilling to allow them to come to room temperature.
Heat the grill; then add the steaks and cook to your desired doneness.
WHAT ARE THE PROPER INTERNAL MEAT TEMPERATURES?
- Rare--cool red center 125°F (52°C)
- Medium/Rare--warm red center 135°F (57°C)
- Medium–warm pink center 145°F (63°C)
- Medium/Well–slightly pink center 150°F (66°C)
- Well Done–little to no pink 160°F (71°C)
Rib eye steaks are our favorite cut because the fat marbling keeps the meat tender and juicy. Some of our favorite recipes are Tuscan-Style Grilled Rib Eye Steak, Rib Eye Steak Sandwich and Cajun Lime Grilled Rib Eye Steak.
We loved this Red Wine Cognac Marinated Steak and since we served this family style, I sliced the meat and placed it on a platter. This way we can take whatever portion we'd like without wasting an entire steak.
Of course, there were plenty of leftovers; which would taste great on this Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo or even on top of a tossed salad. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Try these recipes too!
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Red Wine Cognac Marinated Steak
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl; then add the steaks and marinade to a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to overnight; then remove the steaks 15 minutes prior to grilling to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Heat the grill; then add the steaks and cook to your desired doneness. Allow meat to rest 5 minutes before slicing/serving.
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA