Satorini Farro Salad made with farro, beets, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion and Feta cheese in a balsamic vinaigrette is filling with a depth of flavors.
If you’re looking for a filling salad with a depth of flavor, this Satorini Farro Salad is it! I first tried this salad over the Christmas holiday while we were in Florida. We were running errands and doing returns at the local mall in Sarasota and decided to stop into The Cheesecake Factory to have a bite to eat.
I wasn’t that hungry so I ordered this Santorini Farro Salad off of their appetizer menu. Just the name itself conjured up wonderful memories of my family and I visiting Santorini several summers ago and I couldn’t wait to try it. The portion was the perfect size and I knew I would be replicating this recipe at home in the near future.
The Santorini Farro Salad is made with farro, fresh beets, onions, tomatoes (I used red and yellow grape tomatoes for contrasting colors), cucumbers and Feta cheese; and then tossed with your favorite vinegar and oil (I used balsamic) and served with homemade Tzatziki Sauce on the side.
I recently started making my own Tzatziki Sauce at home after dining at a wonderful new local Mediterranean restaurant, Cypress. Their version was really thick and creamy, not like other thinner versions I’ve had before. I was able to get the same texture by using Fage Greek yogurt and now make this sauce regularly; which can also be used as a healthy dip option.
If you’re not familiar with Tzatziki Sauce, it’s made with Greek yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, dill and mint and goes well with many Mediterranean dishes because it’s light, crisp and adds an additional layer of freshness to your meal.
For this Santorini Farro Salad, I used fresh beets and cooked them first which will add an additional 30 minutes or so to your cooking time; however, you can usually purchase precooked beets in the produce section of your grocery store to save some time. This salad was delicious and filling and makes enough to serve four people. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Santorini Farro Salad (The Cheesecake Factory Copycat)
For the Farro Salad
- 2 c . Cooked Farro
- 1/2 English Cucumber, washed
- 1 c Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Cooked Beets, large dice
- 1/4 c . Thin Sliced Red Onion
- 1/4 c . Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp . Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Prepared Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 1/2 c . Nonfat Greek Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 c . Grated English Cucumber
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp . Fresh Dill, chopped
- 1 tsp . Fresh Mint, chopped
- 1 tsp . Salt
- For Santorini Farro Salad
- Line a platter with the cooked farro.
- In a bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, beets, onion, feta, vinegar and oil; mix well and place on top of the farro.
- Serve with Tazatziki Sauce on the side.
- For Tazatziki Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Keep chilled in refrigerator until ready to use. Can be made up to two days beforehand.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
All this talk about Santorini got me feeling a little nostalgic. Here are some pictures we took when we were there. It’s absolutely breathtaking and yes, the sky is THAT blue. 🙂