Enjoy the flavors of Fall all year long in this Slow Simmered Hard Cider Corned Beef made with Angry Orchard Hard Cider.
If you think the only time to eat corned beef is in March during St. Patrick’s Day festivities, then you haven’t met my daughter.
She could eat it all throughout the year and I’ll have to confess, the rest of us like it too. So I found a new way to make it with this Slow Simmered Hard Cider Corned Beef.
So when I recently purchased a corned beef brisket while on sale at my local grocery store, I decided to tweak my regular recipe for Mustard & Beef Corned Beef and decided to cook it in fresh apple cider (since it’s apple season), Angry Orchard Hard Cider Crisp Apple flavor and water to celebrate the Fall flavor.
I always slow simmer my corned beef in liquid for about 2 1/2 hours; then pop it in the oven to bake for about 30 minutes. It’s really easy to make and comes out moist every single time. You do have to be home for a few hours though so it’s one of those perfect, Sunday afternoon meals.
How do you make Hard Cider Corned Beef?
For this recipe you’ll need a corned beef brisket, apple cider, Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Hard Cider and water.
Add add ingredients to a large pot; making sure the corned beef is fully submerged. Bring the liquid to a boil; then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 1/2 hours. Add more water if the liquid level goes below the corned beef.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add the corned beef to an oven safe baking dish, add a ladle full of the cider/broth and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and slice across the grain.
The combination of apple cider and hard cider infused in this Hard Cider Corned Beef was amazing! A little sweet, but went perfectly with homemade applesauce and mashed potatoes. ~Enjoy!
More Corned Beef Recipes
- Corned Beef Hash
- Mustard & Beer Corned Beef
- Reuben Tacos
- Corned Beef Grilled Cheese
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Quesadillas
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Slow Simmered Hard Cider Corned Beef
- 2 lb. Corned Beef Brisket
- 2 c. Apple Cider
- 4 bottles Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Hard Cider
- 4 c. Water
- Add the corned beef, apple cider, Angry Orchard and water to a large pot; making sure the corned beef is fully submerged. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 1/2 hours. Add more water if the liquid level goes below the corned beef.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the corned beef to a baking dish, add a ladle full of the cider/broth and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and slice across the grain.