Spatchcock Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken is a delicious, quicker way to roast a whole chicken without cutting it completely into parts.
Back in 2012, I wrote this post for Rosh Hashanna Menu Ideas and being a new blogger, I added a few new recipes to one post instead of making a new recipe post for each. In that post is where you could find this recipe for Spatchcock Honey Mustard Chicken; along with another recipe for my Cheesy Potato and Zucchini Kugel (which I have already made a new post for.
The downside to lumping more than one recipe into a post is that you can’t find them easily and it’s really a shame because spatchcocking a whole roaster chicken is easier than you think and helps reduce your cooking time.
To make this recipe, first remove the giblets from inside the carcass of a whole roaster chicken and discard; then rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry. Next, place the chicken on a hard surface (cutting board) and using sharp kitchen shears, cut down both sides of the chickens’ backbone to remove the bone. Martha Stewart shows you in this video exactly how to do it.
Turn the chicken over and press down so that the chicken is laying flat; then place it in a roasting pan with some chicken broth, white wine or water. You can use it to baste the chicken or make gravy once the chicken is done. In a small bowl, combine honey, three mustards: Dijon, stone ground and spicy brown, rosemary, salt and pepper and whisk together; then brush the marinade generously over the chicken.
Finally, bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for approximately 60 minutes or until the internal temperature is between 165-180 degrees F. This Spatchcock Honey Mustard Chicken was incredibly moist, sweet and tangy and by using this cooking method, it shortened the cooking time; which was an added bonus. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Spatchcock Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove giblets from inside the carcass and discard. Rinse the chicken with cold water and pat dry.
- Place chicken on a hard surface (cutting board) and using sharp kitchen shears, cut down both sides of the chickens' backbone to remove the bone.
- Turn the chicken over and press down so that the chicken is laying flat; then place in a roasting pan with the chicken broth.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, all three mustards, rosemary, salt and pepper and whisk together; then brush the marinade generously over the chicken.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until the proper internal temperature is reached (165-180 degrees F)
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Connect with me on Social Media
Shop Related Products
Try these other spatchcock chicken recipes too:
- Spatchcock Chicken with Potatoes, Asparagus and Lemon from Cook the Story
- Spatchcock BBQ Chicken from Raising Generation Nourished
- Spatchcock Chicken with Herbs from Simply Gourmet
This post includes links to my affiliate account at Amazon.com where Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen earns a few cents on the dollar when readers like yourself purchase the items I recommend. Thank you for supporting Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen when you shop at Amazon!