Strawberry Chocolate Mint Sorbet made with fresh strawberries, simple syrup and chocolate mint leaves is a deliciously refreshing treat on a warm day.
Confession time. I'm not a big fan of ice cream.A few times throughout the year is good for me and even then I only like one or two flavors of ice cream.
However, I love fruit flavored sorbet as they don't contain any dairy products. Since I got a Cuisinart 2qt Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet and Ice Cream Maker for my birthday, I've been dying to try it out.
This Strawberry Chocolate Mint Sorbet was my first attempt (without using the recipe book that is) and OH...MY...GOODNESS, I AM HOOKED!
Sorbet is deliciously creamy and only contains 4 simple ingredients: strawberries, sugar, water and mint leaves. I used chocolate mint leaves in this recipe; which I recently planted in my herb garden.
It has a slightly different taste than regular mint. In fact, it sort of tastes like Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. If you can't find it, you can certainly use traditional mint.
How do you make Strawberry Chocolate Mint Sorbet?
In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water and allow to dissolve over medium heat; then remove from burner and allow to cool slightly.
Add the mint leaves and strawberries to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth; then add to the sugar and water mixture. Mix well.
Next, add the strawberry mixture to your already frozen ice cream maker and allow to churn for 30-35 minutes until it starts to thicken. Place the sorbet in a freezer safe container and allow to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
When placing in the freezer, I used a quick bread loaf pan lined with plastic wrap so that I could keep the sorbet covered, but you can use a plastic container with a lid instead.
I sampled some of this Strawberry Chocolate Mint Sorbet before the family got home and I was glad I did. Once they realized the sorbet was in the freezer, it didn't last very long and they've been begging me to make it again ever since. Yes, it's already gone (it was THAT good!). ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Sorbet Recipes
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Strawberry Chocolate Mint Sorbet
- 2 c. Granulated Sugar
- 2 c. Water
- ¼ c. Chocolate Mint Leaves, removed from stem
- 1 lb. Strawberries, washed and hulled
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water and allow to dissolve over medium heat. Remove from burner and allow to cool.
- Add the mint leaves and strawberries to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth; then add to the sugar and water mixture. Mix well.
- Next, add the strawberry mixture to your already frozen ice cream maker and allow to churn for 30 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Place the sorbet in a freezer safe container and allow to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Connect with me on Social Media