Cheese filled tortellini pasta cooked al dente; then lightly tossed in a creamy spinach and tomato sauce is a deliciously quick weeknight meal.
It’s starting to get busy again around here now that my youngest daughter started high school; then stays after for sports practice. By the time she gets home after her 12 hour day she’s famished and looking for something to eat right away and this recipe for Tortellini with Creamed Spinach & Tomatoes is perfect for those busy weeknights.
For this recipe you’ll need four ingredients: cheese tortellini, frozen creamed spinach, tomatoes and light whipped cream cheese. I used frozen cheese tortellini, but you can use the dry packaged or fresh options as well. I always keep a package of frozen creamed spinach in the house, not only for using it for recipes like this one or dips, but because it’s my youngest daughters favorite. But if you prefer, you can make your own creamed spinach like this recipe.
In the time it takes to cook the tortellini and heat the frozen spinach; generally 15-20 minutes including bringing water to a boil, this dinner for Tortellini with Creamed Spinach & Tomatoes can be ready to eat. My family loves this recipe and I’ve made it several times over the years. Serve it as the main entree with a tossed salad and garlic bread or as a side dish. ~Enjoy!
- 2-14 oz . Packages Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- 9 oz . Package Frozen Creamed Spinach
- 1 c . Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 c . Light Whipped Cream Cheese
- Bring two pots of water to a boil; one large and one medium. Once the water boils, add the tortellini to the large pot with a little salt and add the sealed package of frozen spinach to the medium pot. Allow the tortellini to cook for approximately 10 minutes until they start to float to the top; then drain and put in a serving bowl.
- Cook the spinach for the same amount of time until it's defrosted; then open the package and add it to the tortellini along with the chopped tomatoes and cream cheese. Toss together until the tortellini is coated.
For more quick and easy dinner ideas, look at my 30 Minutes or Less category under the Recipe Index
If you want to stay up to date on all of my latest recipe experiments, sign up for my weekly newsletter or you can visit the recipe index and search for more recipes by categories. And don’t forget to visit me onFacebook,Twitter,Pinterest and Instagram too!