Cheese filled tortellini pasta cooked al dente; then lightly tossed in a creamy spinach and tomato sauce is a deliciously quick weeknight meal.
It’s starting to get busy again around here now that my youngest daughter started high school; then stays after for sports practice. By the time she gets home after her 12 hour day she’s famished and looking for something to eat right away.
This recipe for Tortellini with Creamed Spinach & Tomatoes is perfect for those busy weeknights.
How do you make Tortellini with Creamed Spinach and Tomatoes?
For this recipe you’ll need four ingredients: cheese tortellini, frozen creamed spinach, tomatoes and light whipped cream cheese. I used frozen cheese tortellini, but you can use the dry packaged or fresh options as well.
I always keep a package of frozen creamed spinach in the house, not only for using it for recipes like this one or dips, but because it’s my youngest daughters favorite. But if you prefer, you can make your own creamed spinach like this recipe.
In the time it takes to cook the tortellini and heat the frozen spinach; generally 15-20 minutes including bringing water to a boil, this dinner for Tortellini with Creamed Spinach & Tomatoes can be ready to eat.
My family loves this recipe and I’ve made it several times over the years. Serve it as the main entree with a tossed salad and garlic bread or as a side dish. ~Enjoy!
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Tortellini with Creamed Spinach & Tomatoes
- 2- (14-ounce) packages frozen cheese tortellini
- 9 ounce package frozen creamed spinach
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- Bring two pots of water to a boil; one large and one medium. Once the water boils, add the tortellini to the large pot with a little salt and add the sealed package of frozen spinach to the medium pot. Allow the tortellini to cook for approximately 10 minutes until they start to float to the top; then drain and put in a serving bowl.
- Cook the spinach for the same amount of time until it's defrosted; then open the package and add it to the tortellini along with the chopped tomatoes and cream cheese. Toss together until the tortellini is coated and serve.
GET MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
Tried a recipe? Leave a comment or tag #CarriesExpKtchn on Instagram or Twitter!