Turkey Sausage Egg White Flatbread made with turkey sausage, egg whites, cheddar cheese and spinach. They make a quick breakfast; especially if you’re on the go.
I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a big breakfast eater. I have a handful of go-to items and when I’m heading out in the morning, I tend to just stop at Dunkin Donuts and get their Turkey Sausage Egg White Flatbread to eat on the go.
I figured if I had to eat something, this wasn’t the worst choice I could be making at under 300 calories each and my entire bill would come to about $5. Not a habit I wanted to get into when I had plenty of good, healthy food at home.
Then I started thinking about how easy it would be to make these sandwiches at home and what I found was pretty astonishing.
What’s the difference?
- Made four sandwiches in 20 minutes
- Cost $2.06 less per serving
- Had fewer calories, fat, sodium, and sugar
- Didn’t have all of those additives that you can’t pronounce
|Cost per Serving||$2.99||$0.93|
THIS was now a NO BRAINER! I made four of these sandwiches, wrapped them and placed them in the freezer. When I knew I was going to go out in the morning, I pulled one from the freezer, popped it in the microwave and it was ready and hot in minutes.
A toaster oven would probably be even better so the bread gets toasted a bit, but I don’t have one of those and didn’t want to wait for the oven to heat up.
Now there are no excuses for me and for you either for that matter. 😉 The flavor combinations are endless too. If you don’t like turkey sausage, add bacon or your favorite combination of vegetables instead. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Turkey Sausage Egg White Flatbread
- 4 multigrain sandwich rounds
- 2 links breakfast turkey sausage, small dice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 8 large egg whites
- 4 slices ultra thin mild cheddar cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey sausage, spinach, and egg whites. Mix well.
- Spray a muffin top pan with cooking spray and spoon the mixture into four of the cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops bounce back when touched.
- Remove the egg from the pan, place on the bottom of a sandwich round and top with one slice of cheddar cheese.