Florentine Frittata made with fresh eggs, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, Greek yogurt and goat cheese is a tasty way to start your day.
I am SO excited to finally share a new cookbook with you called The Greek Yogurt Diet: The Fresh New Way to Lose Weight Naturally by Jo Brielyn & Dr. Sonali Ruder (a.k.a. The Foodie Physician).
The Greek Yogurt Diet Cookbook provides the necessary tools to help you get started on your weight loss journey by giving you not only fabulous recipes containing Greek yogurt from some of your favorite food bloggers (including several from yours truly 😉
It also gives you a diet toolkit to help you keep track of your daily food and exercises as well as help you plan your weight loss goals.
While perusing the book I found many recipes I would like to try. Some of them include:
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites with Yogurt Gorgonzola Dip (Full Belly Sisters)
- Portobello Paprikash (The Foodie Physician)
- Apricot Peach Yogurt Smoothie (The Fountain Avenue Kitchen)
- Campari Yogurt Marinara Sauce (Ally's Kitchen)
- Asparagus Potato Bisque (Sumptuous Spoonfuls)
Since I am a sucker for a good frittata, I made this Florentine Frittata from Dr. Sonali Ruder.
What is a Frittata?
A frittata is an Italian-style flat omelet cooked in a cast iron or other oven proof skillet; which is started on the stove then finished in the oven.
This Florentine Frittata was wonderful and had all of my favorite Mediterranean flavors including fresh baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese and of course, Greek yogurt which made this frittata extra creamy and delicious.
Here is the recipe, but don't forget to scroll down to enter to win your own copy of The Greek Yogurt Diet Cookbook!
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
- 6 large Eggs
- 6 large Egg Whites
- ¾ c. Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ c. Fresh Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Scallions, chopped
- 4 oz. Fresh Spinach (about 4 cups)
- 2 oz. Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk the eggs, yogurt, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in the sun dried tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet on medium heat. Add the garlic and scallions and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook 2-3 minutes until just wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for a few minutes until the edges start to set. As it cooks, gently push the edges towards the middle with a spatula allowing the liquid to come into contact with the bottom of the skillet.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the eggs and place the skillet in the oven.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until the frittata is cooked and puffed up; then remove from oven carefully with a pot holder.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Spinach, Mushroom and Havarti Egg White Omelette
Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll
Sonali aka The Foodie Physician says
Thanks so much for contributing such wonderful recipes to the book, Carrie! So glad you liked the frittata 🙂 Your photos are gorgeous!
Thank you Sonali I appreciate that. It's a wonderful book and thanks again for including my recipes. 🙂