Florentine Frittata made with fresh eggs, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, Greek yogurt and goat cheese is a tasty way to start your day.
I am SO excited to finally share a new cookbook with you called The Greek Yogurt Diet: The Fresh New Way to Lose Weight Naturally by Jo Brielyn & Dr. Sonali Ruder (a.k.a. The Foodie Physician). The Greek Yogurt Diet Cookbook provides the necessary tools to help you get started on your weight loss journey by giving you not only fabulous recipes containing Greek yogurt from some of your favorite food bloggers (including several from yours truly 😉 ); the book also gives you a diet toolkit to help you keep track of your daily food and exercises as well as help you plan your weight loss goals.
While perusing the book I found many recipes I would like to try including Buffalo Cauliflower Bites with Yogurt Gorgonzola Dip (Full Belly Sisters), Portobello Paprikash (The Foodie Physician), Apricot Peach Yogurt Smoothie (The Fountain Avenue Kitchen), Campari Yogurt Marinara Sauce (Ally’s Kitchen) and Asparagus Potato Bisque (Sumptuous Spoonfuls), but since I am a sucker for a good frittata, I made this Florentine Frittata from Dr. Sonali Ruder.
A frittata is an Italian-style flat omelet cooked in a cast iron or other oven proof skillet; which is started on the stove then finished in the oven. This Florentine Frittata was wonderful and had all of my favorite Mediterranean flavors including fresh baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese and of course, Greek yogurt which made this frittata extra creamy and delicious.
Here is the recipe, but don’t forget to scroll down to enter to win your own copy of The Greek Yogurt Diet Cookbook!
- 6 Large Eggs
- 6 Large Egg Whites
- 3/4 c . Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1/4 c . Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 3 Scallions chopped
- 4 oz . Baby Spinach about 4 cups
- 2 oz . Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs, yogurt, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in the sun dried tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet on medium heat. Add the garlic and scallions and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook 2-3 minutes until just wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for a few minutes until the edges start to set. As it cooks, gently push the edges towards the middle with a spatula allowing the liquid to come into contact with the bottom of the skillet.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the eggs and place the skillet in the oven.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until the frittata is cooked and puffed up.
*****THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED*****
Want to win your own copy of The Greek Yogurt Diet Cookbook? Enter the Rafflecopter link below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Lose Weight Safely And Naturally With The Greek Yogurt Diet
High in densely-packed protein, calcium, and other healthful nutrients, and low in carbohydrates and calories, Greek yogurt is the diet food of this generation. Greek yogurt packs twice the nutritional benefit of regular yogurt. The Greek Yogurt Diet lets you take full advantage of this powerful weight-loss food and shows you how to combine Greek yogurt with delicious, all-natural recipes…it’s like having dessert with every meal and seeing a slimmer waistline in just a few weeks.
The Greek Yogurt Diet is a healthful, scientifically proven high protein, low-carb approach that offers amazing results according to your lifestyle and your eating habits.
The Greek Yogurt Diet also includes:
• Advice on how to get started, with all the help necessary to tailor your diet to your exact needs
• Comprehensive meal plans to help you integrate Greek yogurt into your daily life
• Simple ways to maximize your results with The Greek Yogurt Diet
• How to create your at-home toppings bar for fabulous Greek yogurt desserts, snacks, and smoothies
Designed by a doctor to put all the amazing benefits of Greek yogurt in your hands, The Greek Yogurt Diet makes incorporating this amazing food into your diet as easy and convenient as Greek yogurt itself!