Brisket isn’t just for Sunday family meals. Make this deliciously tender and moist Crock Pot Kahlua Beef Brisket during the week.
Have you ever tried cooking with Kahlua? It’s a coffee flavored liquor and adds a sweet taste to your recipes. I don’t make beef brisket that often; let alone make it during the week as it’s usually saved for a Sunday afternoon meal because it takes several hours to make. I have made Tuscan Style Beef Brisket and also a Marsala & Lemon Roasted Beef Brisket before which my family enjoyed immensely. I had purchased a brisket on one of my recent shopping trips and was in the mood for it one night for dinner, but didn’t have time to cook it in the oven so I decided to make it in my crock pot. Also because I know how much you all love crock pot recipes; especially this time of year. And being that I like to experiment in the kitchen, I decided to add a little different flavor to it by adding Kahlua.
This recipe is pretty simple, like most of the recipes you’ll find here and starts off by browning the beef brisket is a little olive oil. Even though you could put the brisket in the crock pot without browning the meat first, I don’t recommend it. You really want to seal in the meats natural juices by browning it first.Tender and Moist Crock Pot Kahula Beef Brisket #beef Click To Tweet
Once the beef is browned, about 8-10 minutes, add it to your crock pot with all of the remaining ingredients: Kahlua, beef broth, red potatoes, mushrooms, garlic and fresh rosemary. Cover your crock pot then allow to cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW 6-8 hours before carving across the grain.
After mine was done I removed everything and separated the remaining liquid; then placed that in a small saucepan to make a gravy. This Crock Pot Kahlua Beef Brisket was so moist and tender; not to mention delicious! The Kahlua gave it a bit of a sweet flavor so if you don’t like to cook with alcohol (though it does burn off while cooking), you can use all beef broth. I have another beef brisket in my freezer and can’t wait to see what other ways I can make it. ~Enjoy!
- 2 lb . Beef Brisket
- 1 tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c . Kahlua, or other coffee liquor
- 1/2 c . Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 4 Medium Red Potatoes, quartered
- 3 Cloves Garlic, halved
- 8 oz . Mushrooms, halved
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large pan over medium-high heat. Add the brisket and brown on both sides; approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
- While you are browning the meat assemble the remaining ingredients.
- Add the brisket to your crock pot; then add the remaining ingredients. Cover the crock pot and cook on Low: 6-8 hours; High: 4-6 hours. Remove the meat and carve against the grain.
To make a gravy out of the remaining liquid, place in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine equal parts of cornstarch/flour and cold water (1-2 tbsp. should be fine) and stir into the liquid until it thickens.
Here are some more beef brisket recipes you might like to try:
- Oven Barbecued Beef Brisket from Spicy Southern Kitchen
- Sweet and Savory Braised Beef Brisket from Lemons for Lulu
- Beer Braised Beef Brisket from Life Tastes Good
- Hickory Smoked Beef Brisket from The Galley Gourmet