Po-tay-to? Po-tot-o? However you pronounce it, here are 50 Mouthwatering Potato Recipes that will be sure to please every palate!
September is National Potato Month so what better way to celebrate than to find 50 Mouthwatering Potato Recipes to share with you.
Did you know that there are approximately 100 different types of potatoes which ranges in size, shape and color? Here are a just a few of the most popular types. Click on the name of the recipe to be taken to the author’s original post. ~Enjoy!
Russet potatoes are one of the most popular types of potatoes and are medium to long in shape with a light to medium brown skin. They have a white or yellowish flesh and they have a mild/earthy flavor. Common uses include baking, frying, mashing, and roasting.
- Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Twice Baked Potatoes from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Buffalo Roasted Potato Wedges from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Easy Potato Skins from I Heart Naptime
- Loaded Mashed Potato Gratin from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Fully Loaded Hasselback Potatoes from Closet Cooking
- Low Fat Baked Potato Soup from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Homemade Potato Chips from Chocolate Chocolate and More
- Au Gratin Potatoes (Capital Grille Copycat) from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- BBQ Pork Loaded Baked Potatoes from Southern Living
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
Red and White Potatoes
Red and White potatoes are both small to medium in size and have a thin red or light brown skin. They are subtly sweet and have a white fleshy inside. Common uses include roasting, mashing, salads, soups/stews, steaming/boiling, and frying.
- Country Style Potato Salad with Pancetta, Goat Cheese & Dried Cranberries from The Foodie Physician
- Italian Fish & Potato Stew from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Chipotle and Lime Roasted Potatoes from Steele House Kitchen
- Red Bliss Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes from Damn Delicious
- Parmesan Crusted Potato Gratin from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Cheesy Ranch Potatoes from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes from The Wicked Noodle
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Yellow potatoes, also known as Yukon Gold, are medium to large in size and have a light tan skin with yellow flesh that is subtly sweet. Common uses include roasting, mashing, and salads.
- Cheddar Jack Potato Leek Soup from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Baked Spicy Garlic Potato Wedges from Roti n Rice
- Smashed Potatoes from Eat Good 4 Life
- Sour Cream & Chive Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Chicken, Broccoli & Cheddar Potato Waffles from A Zesty Bite
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes from What’s Gaby Cooking
- Roasted Sea Salt Steak Fries from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
Purple or Blue Potatoes are small to medium in size with a deep purple or blue skin with blue, lavender or white flesh that is subtly sweet. Common uses include roasting, grilling, salads and baking.
- Purple Sweet Potato Salad from Cinnamon & Coriander
- Purple Potato Soup from Simply Gourmet
- Purple Potato Salad from A Couple Cooks
- Purple Potato Breakfast Skillet from A Wicked Whisk
- Roasted Garlic Purple Mashed Potatoes from The Iron You
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
Fingerling potatoes are 2-4″ in length and are finger shaped. They can have red, orange, purple or white skin and flesh and are buttery/nutty in flavor. Common uses include salads, pan frying, and roasting.
- Crispy Smashed Fingerling Potatoes from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Greek Roasted Fingerling Potatoes from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Pan Fried Fingerling Potatoes with Leeks from The Daring Gourmet
- Chili Garlic Roasted Potatoes from White on Rice Couple
- Fingerling Potatoes with Rosemary and Thyme from Alexandra Cooks
- Bacon Wrapped Roasted Fingerling Potatoes from Lana’s Cooking
- Oven Roasted Rosemary Garlic Fingerling Potatoes from The Slow Roasted Italian
Sweet potatoes are medium to large in length with an tan/orange skin and orange flesh; however, they also come in purple and white varieties. Common uses include roasting, soups/stews, salads, frying, mashing, and baking.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Feta from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Healthy Low Fat Sweet Potato & Cannellini Bean Soup from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Smokey Sweet Potato Hummus from Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Baked Sweet Potato Skins with Sriracha Lime Aioli from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Praline Topped Sweet Potato Casserole from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Maple and Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Cranberry Goat Cheese Twice Baked Sweet Potato from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Casserole from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Mashed Purple Sweet Potatoes from Spoon Fork Bacon
- Curried Sweet Potato Rounds from Half Baked Harvest
Connect with me on Social Media