This Apple Bread Stuffing made with herbed stuffing mix, fresh parsley and sage, celery, onions and apples is so delicious and easy to make.
Are you looking for a simple, delicious stuffing to make this Thanksgiving? Then this Apple Bread Stuffing is it! Herbed stuffing mix combined with fresh parsley and sage, celery, onions and apples.
You can't get any simpler than that. Mix all of the ingredients together in one bowl; then bake. I'm no expert on the subject of the "Stuffing vs. Dressing Debate"; however, I grew up calling it stuffing so that's what I'm going to be referencing it here as today.
What else can you use this apple bread stuffing for?
- A Thanksgiving side dish baked in a separate oven safe dish or you can stuff it inside your turkey
- Filler for stuffed mushrooms for a tasty appetizer or fill your favorite squash and bake
- Add some of the stuffing to boneless chicken breasts or a pork loin, roll and tie for a main entree
As you can see, I chose to bake this stuffing in an oven safe dish, as I don't like to stuff my turkey with stuffing. However, if stuffing a turkey is a 'must-have' on your Thanksgiving table, then it is imperative that you use a food thermometer to make sure the center of the stuffing reaches a safe minimum internal temperature of 165 °F. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Apple Bread Stuffing
- 6 cups herb stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 mcintosh apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; then add the broth. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, parsley, sage, celery, onion, and apple.
- Gradually add the broth to the stuffing mixture until it comes together and is moist, yet not soaked.
- Place the stuffing in a 8”x8” oven safe dish and bake 20-30 minutes or until the top is lightly brown.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES.