Ravioli with Pumpkin Sage Cream Sauce is so delicious and easy to make; a lovely addition to your holiday menu. Try it with your favorite pasta too.
When I first posted this recipe for Ravioli with Pumpkin Cream Sage Sauce back in 2012, I made it with homemade Sweet Potato Gnocchi. It was delicious; however, my photo taking skills at the time weren’t truly up to par so I wanted to get a second chance to show you how incredible and easy this recipe is to make.
I happened to use Butternut Squash Ravioli for this recipe; however, you can use any type of fresh or dry pasta you prefer: ravioli, tortellini, manicotti, fettuccine, penne, etc. You get the picture. The star of this dish is the sauce anyway which is made of pumpkin puree, fresh fragrant sage leaves, butter and heavy cream. I said it tasted good, I didn’t say it was low fat!Ravioli with Pumpkin Sage Cream Sauce; perfect for your Fall holiday table. Click To Tweet
This Ravioli with Pumpkin Sage Cream Sauce is a must-have every year on my Thanksgiving table. I usually serve 2-3 ravioli per person before the main meal; just enough to get a taste. However, if you have any vegetarians at your table, this could certainly count as the main dish. My family loves it and I hope you’ll give it a try this year as well. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 lb . Ravioli or your favorite pasta
- 2 tbsp . Butter
- 2 tbsp . Fresh Sage chopped
- 1-7 oz . Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 pt . Heavy Cream
- 1/4 c . Pecorino Romano Cheese grated
- Kosher Salt as desired
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper as desired
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add sage and simmer for 1 minute allowing butter to turn slightly brown.
- Add pumpkin, heavy cream and cheese; mix well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes over low heat, season with salt and pepper; then pour on top of your cooked ravioli (or pasta).
Do you serve a pasta or soup course during Thanksgiving?