Quiche, like this one made with farm fresh eggs, bacon and Havarti cheese is so versatile and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
I know what you’re thinking and you’re right. I don’t usually eat bacon because it gives me a headache, but the rest of my family does. And on Sunday’s, we generally make what we call a “big breakfast”; which includes eggs, potatoes, bacon or sausage. We only eat this way once a week and sometimes only 1-2 times per month.
It’s usually more of a brunch than a breakfast as we generally don’t eat until about 10 a.m. Last Sunday we made bacon and since I was going to be busy cooking for Thanksgiving the next week, I wanted to make a few things that my family could pick on for lunches and dinner during the week.
This is another one of those recipes that I have had in my trusty recipe box that I got from my Mom many years ago, but have never made.
The recipe was originally for Quiche Lorraine, which is made with Swiss cheese instead of the Havarti and I must have copied it down wrong, because the first time I tried to make this, it wound up too runny. I guess that would happen if you add heavy cream AND milk…oh well, try and try again!
How do you make Bacon and Havarti Quiche?
For this recipe you’ll need refrigerated pie crust, bacon, Havarti cheese, Pecorino Romano cheese, eggs, and heavy cream.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook bacon until it’s crisp either in a frying pan or in the microwave on a microwave-safe plate.
Roll out the dough so it’s 1/4-inch thick and fits in the tart pan; then line the tart pan with the pie crust and par bake for 5 minutes. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy cream; then stir in the cheeses and bacon.
Add the egg mixture to the pie crust, place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until the top starts to puff up and turn lightly brown.
Or, if you’re really ambitious, make individual quiches in a mini muffin pan for appetizers. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 1/2 c. Crumbled Cooked Bacon, approx. 4-6 strips
- 1/2 c. Havarti Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c. Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 c. Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bacon until it's crisp either in a frying pan or in the microwave on a microwave-safe plate.
- Roll out the dough so it's 1/4" thick and fits in the tart pan; then line the tart pan with the pie crust and par bake for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy cream; then stir in the cheeses and bacon.
- Add the egg mixture to the pie crust, place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until the top starts to puff up and turn lightly brown.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Shop Related Products