Quiche made with eggs, broccoli and white Cheddar cheese in a pie crust is quick and easy to make and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
If you're a fan of quiche, you'll love this broccoli cheddar version. With a flaky crust and cheesy filling, it's a tasty way to get in those extra vegetables.
Sometimes you just want something light for dinner and quiches are perfect. They pack a healthy serving of protein, vegetables and dairy all in one meal.
Quiches can be served in a crust like this one made with broccoli and Cheddar cheese or made crustless if you're watching your carbs. Personally, we prefer the crust!
What makes this quiche so good is the savory custard and pieces of cheese and fresh broccoli. It can also be served hot, warm or cold. This recipe serves 8 and can be ready with a few shortcuts in about 40 minutes.
- Mixing Bowl
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- 9-inch Pie Plate (if not using frozen, pre-formed pie crust shell in a tin)
- Sheet Pan
To make this Broccoli Cheddar Quiche, you'll need the following ingredients:
9-Inch Pie Crust
Heavy Cream: The cream gives quiche a custard-like texture. However, you can use half & half or milk though the quiche won't be as creamy.
Broccoli Florets: You can use defrosted chopped frozen broccoli or steam fresh broccoli in this recipe. You will want to chop the broccoli into small florets after cooking so that they are bite-sized.
Cheddar Cheese: I happened to have White Cheddar, but you can use any cheese you like in this recipe. You'll want to use small chopped pieces or shredded cheese.
You'll need one 9-inch pie crust and there are three options; any of which will work in this recipe.
- Make your own
- Store bought refrigerated
- Frozen, pre-formed pie crust
This time I used the frozen pre-formed pie crust, but have used refrigerated dough in some of my other recipes. If using homemade or refrigerated crust, you will need to line the crust in a 9-inch pie plate before adding the filling.
My mother in law was cleaning out her freezer and had one leftover from when she made a chocolate cream pie. What is nice about this type of pie crust is that it already comes in a tin so all you have to do is add the filling!
How do you make Broccoli Cheddar Quiche?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F; then place your pie plate with the crust lined inside on a baking sheet. This will help to transfer the quiche into the oven safely without spilling.
Whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until smooth; then add the chopped broccoli and cheese. Mix well; then add the custard mixture to the pie crust.
Place the pan in the oven and bake 30-35 minutes until the center is puffed up and eggs are cooked through and not runny. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.
The quiche will be "puffed up" when you take it out of the oven, but will 'deflate' once cooled a bit; which will allow you to cut it easier.
This quiche will last up to 4 days covered in the refrigerator. You can serve hot, warm or cold for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Quiche Recipes
- Savory Sausage and Spinach Quiche
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Spinach and Asiago Mini Quiche
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche
- Pumpkin and Brie Mini Quiche
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F; then place your pie plate with the crust lined inside on a baking sheet. (This will help to transfer the quiche into the oven safely without spilling.)
- Whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until smooth; then add the chopped broccoli and cheese. Mix well; then add the custard mixture to the pie crust.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 30-35 minutes until the center is puffed up and eggs are cooked through and not runny. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.