Beer Cheese Dip made with Blue Moon Belgian White beer, Colby Jack and sharp White Cheddar cheeses and hot sauce. Dip your favorite tortilla chip or pretzels for a tasty game day snack.
I don’t know what it is about football and beer that go hand in hand. Throw cheese into the mix and you have the ultimate party dip with this Beer Cheese Dip.
I’ve seen this dip on the menu at Applebee’s several times, but I’ve never ordered it myself so I can’t say whether or not it tastes the same; however, this Beer Cheese Dip was loaded with flavor and pretty simple to make.
With the Super Bowl coming up in a few weeks, I just had to share this dip with you so that you can add it to your party menu. It’s that good!
How do you make Beer Cheese Dip?
To make this dip, start by melting butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour to form a roux; then add your favorite beer, milk, garlic, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, and shredded Colby Jack and Sharp White Cheddar cheeses.
I used Blue Moon Belgian White because it’s what I had on hand and it really gave it a nice flavor.
Keep whisking over medium heat until the cheese melts and the dip is smooth. This dip took about 15 minutes to make in total so not only is is delicious, it’s quick too!
Once the dip is done, put it in a serving bowl and sprinkle some paprika on top as a garnish and serve with your favorite tortilla chip or pretzels. I used soft baked pretzel nuggets that I found in my grocers freezer. However, you can make these Beer Pretzel Nuggets too!
I made macaroni and cheese with the leftover dip, sprinkled some buttery coated panko breadcrumbs on top; then baked it until hot and bubbly. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Beer Cheese Dip
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 12 oz. Your Favorite Beer (I used Blue Moon Belgian White)
- 1/2 c. Milk (I used 2%)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Hot Sauce (or more as desired)
- 2 c. Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 c. White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Ground Paprika or Cayenne Pepper, garnish
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; then whisk in the flour to form a roux.
- Add your favorite beer, milk, garlic, Dijon mustard, hot sauce and shredded the cheeses.
- Keep whisking over medium heat until the cheese melts and the dip is smooth. Pour the dip in a serving bowl, garnish with paprika or pepper and serve with tortilla chips or pretzels.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Here are 80+ Game Day Recipe Ideas to help you plan your next party!
Connect with me on Social Media