Fiesta Chicken Spinach Dip made with chili rubbed chicken, spinach, black beans, tomatoes and cheddar cheese makes a tasty game day snack.Many years ago, my then boyfriend (now hubby) and I would like to go out for dinner at this mid-sized restaurant in our area. They had this appetizer there that we both loved. So one day, I had decided to ask them what they put in it and go figure…they wouldn’t tell me!
So the next time we went, we ordered it again but this time I really tried to hone in on my sense of taste alone to try to figure out what was in it. Well, I’m happy to report, my taste buds haven’t failed me yet and I have been making this hot dip ever since!This dip is really quite easy to prepare and over the years, I’ve learned to opt for the reduced calorie versions of the cheese and sour cream. It’s certainly different and not one that I’ve ever seen anyone else make. In fact, that restaurant still happens to be standing BUT they haven’t served this dip on their menu for over 18 years. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 10 oz Boneless Chicken Breast cut 1/2" pieces
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1-10 oz Package Frozen Chopped Spinach thawed and drained
- 1-15 oz Can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c Chopped Scallions
- 1 Plum Tomato diced
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add 1 tsp. of chili powder to the flour to a bowl and dredge the chicken pieces.
- In a nonstick saute pan, heat the oil and add the chicken. Brown the chicken pieces until they are cooked through; remove from the pan and let drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- In a large bowl, add the beans, spinach, scallions, tomatoes, 4oz. of the cheese, sour cream, the remaining 1 tsp. of chili powder, the cooked chicken pieces, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the mixture to an 8x8 oven safe cooking dish. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and is bubbly. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Connect with me on Social Media