Caprese Fat Head Pizza made with Mozzarella, cream cheese and almond flour is a low carb way to make one of your favorite recipes.
I bet you’re asking yourself, “What is Fat Head Pizza?“. Don’t worry, I did the same thing until I realized it was a way to make pizza crust without flour and yeast.
Whether you’re up on the latest food trends, reducing your carbs, follow a gluten free diet or even trying the Keto Diet; then this pizza is for you.
My husband and I recently started a variation of the Keto Diet and I say variation because we’re not sticking to the percentages to get our bodies into ketosis state.
Rather, what we’re doing is more in line with a low carb diet; which means we haven’t had flour, beans, pasta, potatoes, rice, bread or starchy fruits and vegetables like corn, peas, apples, or bananas and are only consuming whole fat dairy.
We’re almost through week 3 and already see a difference in our appearance and how we feel in general.
So finding new recipes to make that are in line with what we can eat is always in the forefront. One thing we hated to give up was our Friday night pizza.
Sure, I’ve made the cauliflower crust pizza before, but this fat head pizza was even better because the crust is firmer and crispier than the cauliflower version and was more like a regular pizza crust.
The best part about this recipe is that the crust is so quick and simple to make. You’ll need shredded Mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, one egg, super fine almond flour and salt.
You’ll also need a little extra virgin olive oil so the crust doesn’t stick to the pan and your toppings; which I made with fresh tomatoes, more Mozzarella cheese, garlic and fresh basil.
How do you make Fat Head Pizza?
Start by adding the cheeses to a microwave safe bowl; then heat until you can blend them together (approximately 45-60 seconds). You want the cheese to be melted, but not “soupy”.
Bake the dough in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes until the crust starts to turn brown and firm up. Remove the crust from the oven and add the toppings.
I made this version Caprese style by adding shredded cheese, fresh sliced tomatoes, chopped fresh basil and garlic.
Place the pizza back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes until the the cheese is fully melted and lightly browned on top. This Caprese Fat Head Pizza was AMAZING. I cut ours into 6 slices and I have to say that even the kids were quickly gobbling this up as well… It was that good!
The crust was super crispy and I couldn’t believe you could make pizza this way without all of those carbs. I’ll definitely be making this again and experimenting with different toppings in the near future. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Caprese Fat Head Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of the Mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl; then heat until you can blend them together (approximately 45-60 seconds). (You want the cheese to be melted, but not "soupy".)
- Next, add the almond flour, egg and salt and mix well. Put a little EVOO on your hands and a little on a sheet pan; then form an 8"-10" circle or rectangle with the dough.
- Bake the dough for 8-10 minutes until the crust starts to turn brown and firm up. Remove the crust from the oven and add the toppings. I made this version Caprese style by adding the remaining shredded cheese, tomatoes, basil and garlic.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes until the the cheese is fully melted and lightly browned on top.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Visit the Recipe Index for more Keto or low carb friendly recipes!
Shop Related Products