Chocolate Avocado Bread made with ripe avocados, egg whites, flour, chocolate chips and vanilla pudding is super moist and decadent. Try some for breakfast or an afternoon snack!
Remember yesterday when I mentioned that I had a lot of avocado to use up? Well today I’m going to share with you what I created with the remainder of those avocados…Chocolate Avocado Bread. I have a go-to banana bread recipe that is so versatile, you can add the ingredients in just about any order and it comes out perfectly every time.
I’ve also used this recipe over the years and adjusted the measurements or added other items and still…perfect every time. So I decided to use my base recipe and add some of the avocado to it. One note to make is that my loaf pan is approximately 9″ x 5″.
If your pan is smaller/larger, adjust the cooking time and check the bread before the 50 minutes suggested. The bread will be done when the top springs back when touched or if a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Chocolate Avocado Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil and egg whites until well blended.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and place the fleshy green part in a food processor or blender. Add the lemon juice and pulse until the avocado is creamy; then add to the sugar mixture.
- In a separate small bowl combine the vanilla pudding, flour, baking soda and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well until all combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spray 2 loaf pans (approx. 9"x5") with cooking spray; then evenly distribute the batter between the pans. They should fill half- to three quarters- of the way to the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the top springs back when touched. Let cool.