Penne with Avocado Pesto made with creamy, ripe avocado, fresh basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil makes a deliciously quick weeknight meal.
What do you do when you have about eight ripe avocados sitting on your kitchen counter that were supposed to be used for guacamole to feed sixteen hungry teenage girls, but then the function gets cancelled? You have to find ways to use it up before they go bad!
Hey..these things are expensive! So I pureed half of them and made this Avocado Pesto. This recipe was so easy to make, delicious and is perfect for those busy nights when you have to get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
- 1 lb. Penne Pasta
- 1/4 c. Fresh Basil, chopped
- 4 Avocado
- 1/4 c. Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 c. Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat with a little salt; then add the pasta. Cook until the pasta is al dente; then drain.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the fleshy, green part; then add it to a food processor.
Next, add in the cheese, garlic, basil, lemon juice and oil. Pulse until well blended and creamy. It should have a smooth consistency.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl; then add the tomatoes and avocado pesto. Mix well.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.