Looking for a new pizza recipe to try? Our Chourico Cheddar Deep Dish Pizza is the perfect combination of savory and cheesy goodness.
If you're a fan of deep dish pizza and love a little spice, our Chourico Cheddar Deep Dish Pizza is the perfect recipe for you.
With a crispy crust, savory Portuguese chourico sausage, and melted cheddar cheese, this pizza is sure to become a new favorite.
Friday night is Pizza Night in our home so we like to try a variety of toppings. This one is always a favorite!
The aroma of the chourico and melted cheddar cheese will fill your kitchen and make your mouth water. This pizza is perfect for a cozy night in or for sharing with friends and family.
Enjoy the delicious combination of savory chourico and cheesy goodness in every bite! You can serve this pizza for dinner or as an appetizer.
Before you can start making your Chourico Cheddar Deep Dish Pizza, you'll need to gather your ingredients.
Prepared Pizza Dough: You can make your own dough, purchase from your local grocery store or pizzeria. You'll want two 1-pound doughs.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Portuguese Chourico: Portuguese chourico and Mexican/Spanish chorizo can be used interchangeably in recipes. They are all spicy pork sausages and have a similar flavor. However, there are a few differences:
- Mexican Chorizo is fresh and raw; which means you have to cook the sausage in it's entirety before consuming.
- Spanish Chorizo is cured so it's already fully cooked.
- Portuguese Chourico is smoked and is also fully cooked. This is the type we used in this recipe.
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese: We used a sharp Cheddar, but if you like a little extra heat the following cheeses would make a great alternative!
- Pepper Jack
- Horseradish Cheddar
Cook the Chourico
Start by peeling the casing off of the chourico; then dice into small bite sized pieces. Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; then add the chourico.
Because Portuguese chourico is fully cooked already, you only need to heat for 2-3 minutes until it's browned and crispy. Next, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute; then remove from the heat; set aside.
If you're using raw Mexican chorizo, you will have to cook the sausage 6-8 minutes to ensure it's cooked through.
Assemble and Bake the pizza
Generously grease a cake pan with olive oil and press the dough into the pan, making sure to spread it evenly across the bottom and up the sides.
Next, add the shredded cheddar cheese to the bottom of the crust. Add your cooked chourico; dividing the mixture evenly between both crusts.
Bake in a preheated the 425 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
VISIT THE RECIPE INDEX TO SEARCH FOR MORE RECIPES BY CATEGORY.
More Chourico Recipes
- Breakfast Tacos
- Chourico & Spinach White Bean Stew
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Portuguese Chourico and Potatoes
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK!
Chourico Cheddar Deep Dish Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; then add the chourico and cook 2-3 minutes until it's browned and crispy.
- Next, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute; then remove from the heat; set aside.
- Generously grease each cake pan with the remaining olive oil and press the dough into the pan, making sure to spread it evenly across the bottom and up the sides.
- Next, add the cheese to the bottom of the crust; then add your cooked chourico; dividing the mixture evenly between both crusts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.