Garden Macaroni Salad made with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, carrots and onions is the perfect summer salad.
Are you entertaining this weekend? It seems like we have guests almost every weekend in the summer and this Garden Macaroni Salad is the perfect salad to make for a crowd. I originally shared this family recipe back in 2011 when I first started this blog and it also made it into my cookbook; as it’s one of our favorite staple summer salads.
I love this Garden Macaroni Salad because not only does adding fresh garden vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, carrots and onions give it a fresh taste and texture, it also gives plain macaroni salad some wonderful color.
This recipe makes enough to serve 24 people (as a side salad), but sometimes when it’s really hot outside and we don’t feel like eating a heavy meal, I’ll make this salad and either add some grilled chicken (for me) or canned tunafish (for the family) for a complete meal.
I also suggest you only use Hellmann’s mayonnaise as stated, because I’ve tried it with other brands and to me a mayo based salad just doesn’t taste the same without it.
Speaking of entertaining, next week is GRADUATION WEEK (WHOO HOO!). My mom is flying in from Florida so I’ll be taking the week off to prepare for her visit, do some last minute shopping for the graduation party and simply enjoy this momentous occasion in our family’s lives. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Garden Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb . Elbow Macaroni
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 c . Red Onion, diced
- 1/4 c . Carrots, diced
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and diced
- 3 Stalks Celery, diced
- 2 c . Mayonnaise, I used Hellmann's
- 2 tbsp . Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp . Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper, as desired
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the tomatoes, onion, carrots, cucumber and celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and parsley; then pour over macaroni.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.