Greek Orzo Salad made with Orzo pasta, Kalamata olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach and Feta cheese in a light lemon, oregano vinaigrette.
At my local grocery store, they have a really nice pre-made salad counter. And though I’ve never purchased anything, I like to look to see what they’re whipping up.
One day I noticed they had a salad called Greek Orzo Salad. Just by looking at it, I could imagine all of the wonderful flavors and how good it must taste.
I decided that I was going to make my own version when I got home and found myself adding things to my cart that weren’t on my shopping list to make this salad.
Several years ago, we visited several cities in Greece; including Santorini, Corfu, Olympia and Athens and had the time of our lives. What stood out most, besides the beautiful, historical architecture and friendly faces, was of course the food. It was amazing!
Whenever I think of Greek food, my mind automatically goes towards Kalamata olives, Feta cheese, lemons and oregano. I just love those flavor combinations so I knew we would all love this Greek Orzo Salad.
How do you make Greek Orzo Pasta Salad?
For this recipe you’ll need Orzo pasta; which is rice shaped pasta, Kalamata olives, English cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, spinach, Feta cheese, EVOO, lemon juice, oregano, Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
I used dried oregano this time since the fresh oregano at my market didn’t look very fresh.
Heat water over high heat in a pot with a little salt until it comes to a boil; then add your orzo and cook the pasta until it’s al dente. While the pasta is cooking, dice your vegetables and add them to a mixing bowl.
Next, whisk the oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper together and set aside. When the pasta is cooked, rinse it under cold water, drain well and add to your mixing bowl; along with the dressing and toss to coat.
You can serve this salad at room temperature or refrigerate until cold.
This Greek Orzo Salad was a HUGE hit in my house and it didn’t take long before it was gone. This recipe makes 6 cups and was so light and flavorful.
I’m so glad I decided to make this pasta salad; especially now when the weather is cold and dreary because it certainly lifted our spirits. ~Enjoy!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 cup small diced English cucumbers
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 4 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat water over high heat in a pot with a little salt until it comes to a boil; then add your orzo and cook the pasta until it's al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice your vegetables and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Next, whisk the oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- When the pasta is cooked, rinse it under cold water, drain well and add to your mixing bowl along with the dressing and toss to coat.
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
Shop Related Products