I just love this salad, especially this time of year when the tomatoes and cucumbers are so fresh from local growers. This salad usually calls for peppers to be added as well, but no one in my family particularly cares for them, so I leave the skins on the cucumbers for that beautiful contrasting color.
To make the salad, slice the cucumbers 1/4-inch thick and add them to a bowl. You can use regular cucumbers, English cucumbers or even peel the skin on them if you prefer. Next, cut the tomatoes into wedges and add them to the cucumbers.
Finally, add the sliced onions, Kalamata olives, Feta cheese and the prepared dressing made with red wine vinegar, olive oil, and oregano; then mix well to coat.
Not only is this Greek Salad flavorful and colorful, but this entire salad only took me about 10 minutes to make…BONUS!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the latest recipes and receive a FREE eBook!
Fresh Jersey tomatoes, crisp English cucumbers, Kalamata olives, red onion and Feta cheese make this tasty iconic Greek Salad.
- 2 English Cucumbers, skins washed
- 4 Plum or Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 5 oz . Kalamata Olives
- 2 oz . Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Prepared Dressing
- Slice the cucumbers about 1/4" thick and add to a bowl.
- Next, cut the tomatoes into wedges (approximately 6 slices per tomato) and add them to the cucumbers.
- Add the onions, olives,cheese and prepared dressing and mix well.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until blended.