By making your own crispy Homemade Tortilla Chips, you can control the fat content; especially when using a cooking spray in lieu of deep frying.
When I first started this blog back in 2011, I would put several new recipes into one post. The problem with that was you couldn’t find the recipe unless you knew what you were searching for. This is the case with these Homemade Tortilla Chips.
Thankfully I have learned from my early blogging mistakes and every now and then I come across one of those old posts and realize that there is a pretty tasty recipe that no one ever sees.
Since Cinco de Mayo is coming up, sharing these Homemade Tortilla Chips seemed like the right time to make a post all on its own!
This recipe is SO easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. In fact, all you need are soft tortillas, cooking spray and a little salt if you’d like.
I used Carb Balance Flour Tortillas with only 120 calories and 13g of fiber per tortilla for these chips, but you can use whichever tortillas you prefer.
How do you make Tortilla Chips?
To make these tortilla chips, place the tortillas on a cutting board and cut them into eight wedges. To do this, cut down the middle and across (like a “T”), then do it again.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and lay the wedges on the pan. Next, spray the top of the tortilla chips with the cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
We just love them and even make a tasty snack all on their own. By making these yourself, you can also control the fat so they’re also a much healthier snacking option. ~Enjoy!
Visit the recipe index to search for more recipes by category.
More Cinco de Mayo Recipe Ideas
- 20 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
- 23 Mexican Inspired Recipes for Cinco de Mayo
- Margarita Recipes
- or visit the Cinco de Mayo category under the Recipe Index!
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive a FREE eBook!
Homemade Tortilla Chip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the tortillas on a cutting board. Cut the tortillas into eight wedges by cutting down the middle and across (like a "T"), then do it again.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and lay the wedges on the pan. Spray the top with the cooking spray and sprinkle with salt (if desired). Bake for 5-7 minutes or until they become lightly brown. Makes 64 wedges.